GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would anyone consider the E golf?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I am kind of thinking about it now...

They are offering a 299 a month lease 2k down. Which is a killer deal considering you could save on "fuel".

Most of my commuting is less than 100 miles per day... Currently 1 mile to train station and back.

The only issue long distance... I do occasional road trips (once every other month) which would make this car completely useless.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Completely not worth it. You would have to do a lot of commuting to justify the cost and if you do such little commute I don't think it's worth it

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Nope. I wouldn't want to be restricted on range. I could see it as a decent thing for some people though. I wouldn't mind one as a commuter with a fun car on the side, but I'm in a position in life where all of my road trips could be in a Miata or Corvette or whatever.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Completely not worth it. You would have to do a lot of commuting to justify the cost and if you do such little commute I don't think it's worth it

Not worth it compared to what? My current car depreciated at $277 a month. And it had an MSRP of 25k. This car is "worth" 35k and is being offered dirt cheap.

New car that costs 50% more than mine has better options, interior/exterior etc. For nearly the same price and literally 0 maintenance.

This seems like a steal.

EV cars don't have any maintenance intervals. (well minor shit) but no oil changes no trans fluid changes nothing.

Chris@DoubleApex

Ready to race!
It'll be interesting to see how much torque these electric motors will be able to make. A tuned e-golf could end up putting down a decent 1/4 mile time. You just might have to trailer it home or leave some time for charging :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It makes 199 tq. Not overly impressive. But this car is not necessarily about speed.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
I would absolutely love to be able to get an E Golf or similar. My issue is the range on these; my commute is ~125 miles round trip. My office has 2 HV charging stations in the parking garage as well, but there are no guarantees you can get one so the car would have to have the full round-trip range to justify the purchase.

If someone would make an EV with a ~150 mile range at the 30K-ish price point I would be all over it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I would absolutely love to be able to get an E Golf or similar. My issue is the range on these; my commute is ~125 miles round trip. My office has 2 HV charging stations in the parking garage as well, but there are no guarantees you can get one so the car would have to have the full round-trip range to justify the purchase.

If someone would make an EV with a ~150 mile range at the 30K-ish price point I would be all over it.

Yea I am with you on this... EVs are the future. Esp for commuting. My main issue is road trips though... that range is painfully low.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Not a chance, I live in the middle of nowhere like half of Americans. Need 200 mile range minimum, more like 400-500 before I'd actually buy something. Otherwise I still need 2 cars (3 cars counting the track car, 4 cars if I ever end up towing the track car :lol:).

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm the perfect E Car candidate. 8 mile R/T commute and only rack up about 4k miles annually. Usually keeping within the city on my errand running etc. My longest trips are to drop my dog off when I travel, about 30 miles R/T. I do drive up to Canada a few times a year in which case I could rent a car or just take the train or bolt bus.

My issues is I don't have power in my garage to charge it.

My next car will definitely be more efficient but I'm not sure what it will be.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
EV cars don't have any maintenance intervals. (well minor shit) but no oil changes no trans fluid changes nothing.

Doesn't the regenerative braking sys require a lot of TLC?

If you are taking long trips, today's eGolf won't be suitable. In a few years though...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I kinda like the idea, but then I realized that could end up being a tasteless car due the impossibility of tuning it wide open as other vehicles, a GTD on this sense could be friendlier.