GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would anyone consider the E golf?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't the regenerative braking sys require a lot of TLC?

If you are taking long trips, today's eGolf won't be suitable. In a few years though...

No... If anything it completely removes the brakes from the equation and they can last forever.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Once lease offers on the Golf S come down to earth, it will probably lease for around $70-100 less a month than that e-Golf offer. I'm not interested enough to do the cost comparison with gas/maintenance, but I do know the Golf S is quicker and has much more range.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Once lease offers on the Golf S come down to earth, it will probably lease for around $70-100 less a month than that e-Golf offer. I'm not interested enough to do the cost comparison with gas/maintenance, but I do know the Golf S is quicker and has much more range.

Maybe... Golf/GTI lease offers are always pretty bad.

Currently electric cars lease cheaper than comparable gasoline models. I don't know why.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they're just trying to get people into the EVs I suppose. I think the base Mk6 2.5 Golf lease offer hovered right around $200-220/month with $2k down for most of its life. The Mk7 1.8 S is right around the same MSRP so I would expect lease offers will eventually be about the same.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they're just trying to get people into the EVs I suppose. I think the base Mk6 2.5 Golf lease offer hovered right around $200-220/month with $2k down for most of its life. The Mk7 1.8 S is right around the same MSRP so I would expect lease offers will eventually be about the same.

But would would be a stripped out version with a plastic steering wheel and wheel covers and cloth seats.:thumbsup:

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Only stripped out model right now is launch edition. Regular base S trim has leather/button steering wheel and leatherette seats.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Only stripped out model right now is launch edition. Regular base S trim has leather/button steering wheel and leatherette seats.

Whoa really?? I'd like to see the pricing on this...

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Even if the e-Golf ends up being the same or a little cheaper per month after gas calculations it still won't have the range or power of the 1.8t. It will probably have a few more features though, yes. For me, I rather have the range availability and additional power. Maybe you rather have the features.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Whoa really?? I'd like to see the pricing on this...
Prices on are VW's website. Four door Golf 1.8t S with sunroof is $22k including destination. $23k if you want lighting package. Unfortunately, as they just hit dealers and there are still a few Mk6 Golfs hanging around the Mk7 Golf lease offers aren't very good right now. But that doesn't change MSRP. Mk7 lease offers should eventually even out I would think.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just checked... Wow I would have never gotten the TDI if this was out now...! Crazy good pricing.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, the 1.8t Golf S trim is a pretty good deal for what it gets you. Only drawback is the 15 inch wheels. Those can easily be replaced with cheap aftermarkets though. Kind of makes for a good negotiation tool. "Fifteen inch wheels? Really? I don't know..."

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, the 1.8t Golf S trim is a pretty good deal for what it gets you. Only drawback is the 15 inch wheels. Those can easily be replaced with cheap aftermarkets though. Kind of makes for a good negotiation tool. "Fifteen inch wheels? Really? I don't know..."

I looked at my local dealer.... we got tons of 29k golfs... :laugh: pricy little buggers but I love the cheap leather

outshined

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I don't think the top trim SEL 1.8t Golf is a very good deal. I would just stick with the 1.8t S trim or get a GTI at the price of a SEL Golf. VW stacked initial deliveries with the top trims though to maximize profits.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the SEL Golf is a tough sell given you can get a very well equipped GTI for the same coin.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I mean if you want it as your only car then i dont think is worth it, especially with road trips, but for work commute situation, atleast u dont have to worry about warming up engine etc. How many miles do u usually drive for after work when u go somewhere in city, go to gym and so on 10-40 miles, if you do that atleast once a week, then maybe. That way u can have your fun car on side n use it on longer driving occasions, plus less wear and tear, best in both worlds, comfortable daily commute car vs a manual "sports" car; maybe perhaps that e92 335is

Last edited: