GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WinCE desktop mod for mt6501, wd6050, ws6530, as7608

homerjj

Passed Driver's Ed

No, on those cards and asked a few posts behind Petrut. They serve to have wifi connection, but you take the place of the SDHC. In making the usb mod can have both.

I am trying to install the wireless card chipset Alfa 500 MW with 8187L

Brings card drivers for Windows CE 5.0. Files that brings are these:

Release.txt ........ 1 KB
RTL8187.dll ...... 140 KB
RTL8187.map .. 67 KB
rtl8187.pdb ........ 740 KB
RTL8187.reg ..... 2 KB
RTL8187.rel ...... 27 KB

There is no executable! How do I install it? I tried to run the. Reg but I get an error I do not understand to be the Chinese wince.

If anyone wants to help, also the drivers attached http://www.playacostaballena.com/RTL8187_WinCE_103.rar

Regards,

petrutms

Developer
you must have the wince usb mod to use this device. Looked at the files, all ok. Just need to import the registry before loading windows ,also the dll file needs to be in /windows folder. When attached will ask for driver and install by itself. I`ll make a script for this when i have little free time. But 50/50 chances to work, the nowada wince is very very limited....

homerjj

Passed Driver's Ed
you must have the wince usb mod to use this device. Looked at the files, all ok. Just need to import the registry before loading windows ,also the dll file needs to be in /windows folder. When attached will ask for driver and install by itself. I`ll make a script for this when i have little free time. But 50/50 chances to work, the nowada wince is very very limited....

Petrutms

And about seeing WinCE in Chinese? As happens to English?

mrmrmrmr

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I will purchase a TID 7501 with 800x600 res.
That's why I think I will purcahse your patch for WinCE.
However, I am not sure what we can achieve with WinCE patch.
Could you list the features available now ?

For example, can we connect to internet using Bluetooth on a 3G phone (Nokia e71) ?

Another question; how can we move around WinCE through the device ?
Shall we have to connect a keyboard ? How shall we access the start menu ?

And, where can we find WinCE programs ?

Also, I didn't understand what the USB mod is for. Do I need it ?

Thanks.

homerjj

Passed Driver's Ed
Nothing. When you execute the RTL8187.reg gives me "Syntax Error". Then I save the file in RTL8187.dll / windows, connect and I get the window in Chinese but does not install anything.

Indeed, if the file restart the browser is no longer RTL8187.dll / windows.

Petrutms, I hope your help

petrutms

Developer
@homer, is not that easy as just executing the reg file :). I`ll make a special install script for your device, but after holidays, after 4 jan. Then the reg file and the .dll will be loaded BEFORE loading windows, but as i said, there is 50/50 chances.

@mrmrmrmr , you don`t need the keyboard, is touchscreen, you can browse any menus with the stylus. You need the USB mod to access the usb from wince, then you can connect a bluetooth dongle ( CSR driver - standard BT, blusoleil will not work ), and with some luck ( depends on the phone drivers ) internet will work via modem. Programs for wince you can find by google... there are alot, also there a alot of PPC programs that work without hacking the .exe files.

mrmrmrmr

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your reply.
I just wonder why we can't use the internal bluetooth device for internet access and need to connect an external bt dongle with the usb mod.
What is the reason for that ?

Also, if I decide to use original interface and remove WinCE mod, do I have to remove the USB mod as well ? OR does it have no affect to the original interface ?

homerjj

Passed Driver's Ed
@homer, is not that easy as just executing the reg file :). I`ll make a special install script for your device, but after holidays, after 4 jan. Then the reg file and the .dll will be loaded BEFORE loading windows, but as i said, there is 50/50 chances.

Thanks Petrutms, will be a good gift of Kings :happyanim:

Petrutms

In this issue still have not answered me. What do I need to see this in English?

Last edited:

mrmrmrmr

Passed Driver's Ed
There is an application named MioPocket found around.
Is this application doing the same job as the WinCE desktop mod offered here ?

petrutms

Developer
miopocket is something else, not running ok on chinese devices ( hard reset at every reboot ) , and eats a lot of memory.

To all, i updated the first post, please read it, it will answer to 99% of your questions. If still have, post here, so i can add the answers on first post.
Thanks.

P.S going to a business trip for a week, so slow response until then.

mrmrmrmr

Passed Driver's Ed
before purchasing this mod, I just want to understand if I additionally need a usb (hardware) mod or not.
what do I lose if I don't make the usb mod ?
does it make any sense if I just use the WinCE patch and not do the USB mod ?