69 Dart GT
69 Cougar XR7
64 Ford Falcon Futura w 302 Narrowed 9" with Top Loader
87 GTi

Welcome, congrats... nice list...

lchavez

Passed Driver's Ed
08 R32 #2711 Red

I have been following these since 07. I was very close to purchasing when they came out, but decided I needed my Chevy Avalanche more.

Recently, my Chevy decided it needed a new engine. With gas prices, I told myself the next car would be better on gas. So I started looking at used cars and found this guy with only 17k miles. Compared to the Avalanche, the R32 is a gas miser:) though it seems like the R32 only takes about 12 gallons of gas to fill up. It could use a bigger tank.

I knew the R20 was on its way, but having had a WRX, I wanted a car with raw unassisted power. I love the DSG transmission, it's quick and smooth. And the sound of it downshifting in sport mode when you come to a stop is just beautiful. It's a little buggy in reverse and initial take off, takes getting used to it.

After having it for a few days, I noticed a few things that needed fixing. All covered by warranty.
- weather temp sensor was 10 degrees higher than outside temp.
- lumbar support was out on both seats.
- cruse control stick had to be replaced
- headlights pointed down, adjusted.

The car has had all recalls taken care of. I am very pleased with the R32. The attention to detail and function are very nice. I discover new things every day that only increase my admiration of the craftsmanship.

Glad to say I'm back in this community!

I had a 2006 GTI for a year and sold it last summer after it was out of warranty. For while, the replacement for the GTI was a MINI Clubman Cooper S. Well, I traded it in tonight for a CPO R32.

The exhaust note alone is worth the price of admission!

Welcome back. Twin Cities!

EricR32

I've owned VW's since the late '80. I just recently traded my 2002 GTI VR6 for a 2008 R32 (4201/5000).

My favorite VW I've owned was an '87 Scirocco 16v, followed closely by my VR6...hopefully the R will supplant both of those. I'm a bit reluctant to drive it hard as it's already got 40,000 miles on it...However I did use the launch control method once (and it rocked my socks off).