GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has a 3 inch downpipe mated to the stock cat-back?

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
I have a GHL catted dp mated to my a3's stock catback. Sounds good and flows well enough for this power level ( stage 2+ )

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
ebay dp, thru surewin racing. $150 bucks, picked up the atp clamp for $14. Have had it for 20k miles. Zero issues and the fitment was about 95%. If you're going catless, I would do it this way all over again

absence

___liminal
3" APR DP here, 200 cel cat. Sounds absolutely amazing when you get on it, in town one never knows....

MisterDuck

Ready to race!
Since APR doesn't have a TSI CBFA DP I was thinking of mating the Billy Boat Stealth DP to my stock catback or the APR RSC catback.

Anyone have that setup? What kind of sound do you get out of it? I want something with little to no drone and I figure Billy Boat used to make these for APR so they should be good.

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
From stock? There is a difference, it's not extreme, but then again some aren't looking for that. My a3 has a burble to it and is deeper than stock. I'll soon be trying a complete blueflame turbo back so I'm sure it'll be much louder.... hopefully not too loud.

I have the same set up and I don't notice any sound difference.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
mine screams on cold mornings for the first 60 seconds... then it chills out, lol

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
GHL 3" DP to stock cat-back with the resonator deleted drones a bit from 3000-3500, but anywhere else it sounds fantastic.