GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has a 3 inch downpipe mated to the stock cat-back?

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Im wondering how hard it is to mate the stock cat-back to a 3 inch downpipe, and how does it sound? Any droning on the highway?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
I do, it replaced the stock DP perfectly. no droning whatsoever jusst mad powerz

GTIWV

WV VW
i also do, its great.

it sounds amazing when you get on it. but its still so quiet. and no drone on the interstate.

MKV808

Ready to race!
I'm running ATP 3" with a stock catback. Its quiet for me during normal driving conditions. But when I punch it on the hwy at WOT, it sounds great. I hear my turbo more though =) which I love.

smartHatchMK5

shhhh i'm hunting wabbits
i have a 2.5'' dp and i'm all catless with stock catback and i love it. it not loud but yet has a sound that is awesome :D

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
I have a 3" catted DP to stock cat-back and I can't any difference from stock turboback.

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
Good to hear everyone likes it. I plan on running the A&L downpipe with a cat, I believe that it comes with a long "mid-pipe" that replaces the resonator, is this true? Are you guys also running non-resonated?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I've got an APR with high flow 100cell cat mated to stock cat-back. Sounds awesome at WOT around town, highway = no drone, only when you get on it. Great combo, gurgles when you change gears though, lol I like it