Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
worn brake pads

Gatorphan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
Really? I hope the sensor for that doesn't cost $1000. Last thing I need is another broken sensor on this car.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Ya ^ there's a wire in the brake pads that gets eaten apart when the brake level gets low thus turning on that lighy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

henkzilla

Ready to race!
Sometimes the connection between the sensor in the pad and the wire harness can get sketchy or corroded. If your pads still look good I would check that connection. It's on the driver side front wheel.

Tenac

Car(s)
'07 Rabbit
In my Rabbit one of the brake sensors' wiring harnesses is cut (it was cut when I bought the car, and every mechanic brings it to my attention so he's not liable for doing it I think). I just live with it, the dealership quoted me like $400 or something to replace the wiring harness. I can live with checking the break pads myself rather than a sensor telling me, I just need to use VAGCOM to disable the light on my dashboard.

jkmboler

Ready to Mod!!!
Fix it yourself. :thumbup:

A little solder and shrink tubing will solve the problem. You may need to add in a couple of short lengths of wire to the existing harness. Shouldn't take more than an hour to fix. :clap: