GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the deepest sounding complete exhaust system for a MKV GTI?

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
I have a 3" downpipe with a non res Milltek. Personally I think the Milltek design is A1 but it could of been just a little louder. Its stealth when you cruise but sounds pretty good on WOT. The performance from OEM cat back with 3" downpipe to the Milltek cat back with 3" downpipe were very noticable. Personally I didn't think it would make a difference switching to the Milltek cat back but it did. Lesson to be learnt. :thumbsup:

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
low end, deep rumble.. definitely APR

higher end, screaming loud..

atp + autotech or awe catbacks

i just took out the atp (eBay knock off) with Magnaflow catback last week, all my frd said it sound very nice from behind, but it just too lound for me.

and now i have a APR RSC it is so much quieter and still sound deep when u WOT.
it almost sound like G37 but lower volume

apollosfury

designeddwk
Your website only shows a catback?

GHL shut down for about 6 months at the beginning of the year for 'restructuring'. During this time they stopped production of their products. last i heard (end of july) they still weren't making downpipes yet, but were making cat backs again. this would be why only cat backs are shown.

a buddy of mine has the 3" non res GHL and it sounds pretty damn good. a couple of complaints he has is 1-the ghl dp has no hanger and 2- the rear section of the exhaust only has a hanger on the drivers side (the last one before the tips)...this causes the tips to 'twist' when you step on it.

regardless, the system is pretty awesome.

i have the eurojet tbe system, and i don't have any complaints about it. it's def not as loud as the ghl, but when you go full throttle it opens up a lot. everyone i know says it sounds really throaty and mean (particularly compared to the resonated ghl system). the eurojet system has dp hangers and has the long hanger rod to reach the pass. side of the car in the rear, but eurojet doesn't offer a non-resonated option at this time.

we will both be in ocean city this weekend if you want to hear them both.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Yes, we can ship worldwide.:thumbsup:

The full turbobacks will be ready to ship November 1st.:happyanim:

How much are the GHL TBE's? and is there a configuration for that exhaust to fit an R32 rear?

Thanks

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
The downpipe will be available in the beginning of November. So we will only be able to offer a complete turboback from GHL then. We're only about 40 days away!

For now, we only have the catbacks available.:thumbsup:

Not a problem, I can wait a month and a half for the full dealio ...Thanks for the info :)

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
Car(s)
'12 4 door GTI
Mah Boy Chris in VA has the GHL.
He loves it, and I'm happy that his car is faster, cuz I get to hear it more as he leaves me in the dust.
It's a quad tipped dual outlet. Sounds really nice.
My Billy Boat is pretty throaty, but is best when it's scavaging, not when on the pedal.
It gurgles and sounds awesome...