GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the deepest sounding complete exhaust system for a MKV GTI?

dub4orl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkv gti
i have a ghl turboback with the little res, not the straight pipe, and it is a little loud but i love it. it sounds super deep and throaty but it is pretty loud.

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
Mah Boy Chris in VA has the GHL.
He loves it, and I'm happy that his car is faster, cuz I get to hear it more as he leaves me in the dust.
It's a quad tipped dual outlet. Sounds really nice.
My Billy Boat is pretty throaty, but is best when it's scavaging, not when on the pedal.
It gurgles and sounds awesome...

whats in ur boys car

JP2008

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
For the GHL resonated any sound clips? How is the interior noise? Any Drone? How much lower is the resonated TBE and do you think that its going to be extra to get it resonated?

I heard the Exhaust had a hollow sound to it from someone with an 06 gti. Havent heard it in person but if the resonated version is the same price you can count me in. I'm thinking they should be at least 300-500 dollars cheaper than APR RSC. Do you think there will be a special on the exhaust when it releases?

Sorry for the million ?'s just really interested. Ready to go stage 2+. :)

JP2008

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Just saw, Namotorsports has pricing on DP.

http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/GH700501

Wow it looks sweet, Sucks though.

GHL Downpipes do not include a reducer to mate with your stock or aftermarket cat-back exhaust. We recommend having an exhaust shop do the install so they can provide you with the correct reducer for your setup. Thats lame, I do not want to weld anything.

Redline, any word on this yet? Whats your pricing?

dub4orl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkv gti
For the GHL resonated any sound clips? How is the interior noise? Any Drone? How much lower is the resonated TBE and do you think that its going to be extra to get it resonated?

I heard the Exhaust had a hollow sound to it from someone with an 06 gti. Havent heard it in person but if the resonated version is the same price you can count me in. I'm thinking they should be at least 300-500 dollars cheaper than APR RSC. Do you think there will be a special on the exhaust when it releases?

Sorry for the million ?'s just really interested. Ready to go stage 2+. :)

check youtube for sound clips, i guarantee you'll find something there. there is a drone though but it's not too bad. once you settle in on a speed and aren't on the throttle it goes away. and it's a good drone, really deep and throaty, not some high pitched rattle car nonsense. if i had time i would get a sound clip but either way, i'm sure there's gotta be some on youtube...

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
I have the 3" Eurojet R32 style TBE and it sounds awesome. It's loud when your floor it but it's not bad at all when driving normally around town. Awesome, deep tone. A lot of people have complimented it on how good and deep it sounds.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
APR 3 inch turbo back~~~ deep but not loud~ love it~

Very true, no drone either. Non-resonated exhaust systems tend to bring out the drone more.

Right now there is 10% off plus free shipping on APR Exhaust systems. We have a boat loads of them in transit to our shop and won't lose business over pricing.

Second choice of mine would be EJ, but we do not sell them.