GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do u think use golf R stage 2+ file in our car ?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The tech who loaded the APR software on my car told me that I would need more than just forged rods, because the Golf R comes with a bigger turbo and fuel management system.

Yes, MK6 GolfR runs slightly bigger injectors and a K04 turbo but you do not need forged rods to run this on our BPY motors, lots of us running K04 setups. With a proper tune, makes our cars very quick. At track last week and on the straights I could pull away from a MK6 GolfR 2+ and I had a passenger.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I've thought about doing Golf R rods, pistons and intake cam one day, especially since my intake cam hpfp lob isn't perfect. Ideally I'd want to get the rods and pistons used from someone building their motor. If this ever happens, I'll be looking into flashing my ECU with a Golf R tune.

It's pretty cool how many part numbers the Golf R 2.0T shares with the BPY (block, crank, valves, exhaust cam). Goes to show how VAG overbuilt this motor. Unfortunately, they skimped on the rods on the BPY, or it would have been a hell of a tuning platform out of the box.

No point really. You can put a K04 kit on our motors without touching the internals and get reliable GolfR power all day long.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
All you need from the mk6r is the k04. Then you'll leave the rest behind you. Injectors would be nice, but stock do ok with an uprated prv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
All you need from the mk6r is the k04. Then you'll leave the rest behind you. Injectors would be nice, but stock do ok with an uprated prv

There have been almost a dozen thrown rods on K04 FSIs on this site and vortex. Obviously that's a tiny fraction of K04 FSIs running around, but I would prefer to make my motor bomb proof. I'll probably do IE drop in rods if I can't source used Golf R pistons/rods.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Looks like it worth a try

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Not just FSI - TSI on k04s pop all the time. I know a couple tracked mk6 k03 that have punched holes in their blocks from aggressive - really really aggressive track use.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
There have been almost a dozen thrown rods on K04 FSIs on this site and vortex. Obviously that's a tiny fraction of K04 FSIs running around, but I would prefer to make my motor bomb proof. I'll probably do IE drop in rods if I can't source used Golf R pistons/rods.

Don't use a bad (read: overly aggressive) tune, and you'll be fine. My first drag session I broke 100k miles on the way there. K04 on WM, using 93 file. Beat a k04 mk6 Gti, and a stage 2 mk7 Gti.