GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do u think use golf R stage 2+ file in our car ?

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Don't use a bad (read: overly aggressive) tune, and you'll be fine. My first drag session I broke 100k miles on the way there. K04 on WM, using 93 file. Beat a k04 mk6 Gti, and a stage 2 mk7 Gti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what tune are you using?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Voice from the past says why and to what end? A golf r file might cause excess wear and tear and give no benefit over a ko4 file. Been driving for years with ko4 on race file with wm and no problems. If you dont remember me on here there are others on this thread that will tell you that i do know a tiny bit about this car. Btw hi everyone long time

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
what tune are you using?

The long ded DriverMotorsport.

Voice from the past says why and to what end? A golf r file might cause excess wear and tear and give no benefit over a ko4 file. Been driving for years with ko4 on race file with wm and no problems. If you dont remember me on here there are others on this thread that will tell you that i do know a tiny bit about this car. Btw hi everyone long time

Hai good to see ya Vegas

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
There have been almost a dozen thrown rods on K04 FSIs on this site and vortex. Obviously that's a tiny fraction of K04 FSIs running around, but I would prefer to make my motor bomb proof. I'll probably do IE drop in rods if I can't source used Golf R pistons/rods.

If you're gonna do drop in rods, I wouldn't go k04. It's a waste. Stock rods are fine for k04.
Most of the people blowing their motors are trying to get too much out it. And I'm running 28 peak, 26 at redline. But that's only on a 93 tune. The people i know and have seen blow when they're trying to run a 100 oct tune. Or other "race" tune.

But again, if you plan on putting in a k04, run a Gti k04 tune. The golf r tune won't have as much power on the Gti, as the extra load for the awd system is factored into the tune.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
The torque spike is what does the stock rods in. Just because ko4 cars are slow doesnt mean they cant destroy the engine. An whats wrong with dailying 400wtq?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
The torque spike is what does the stock rods in. Just because ko4 cars are slow doesnt mean they cant destroy the engine. An whats wrong with dailying 400wtq?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Daily on a k04 pushing 400wtq is pretty dangerous, as you mentioned the torque spike is what does in the rods.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Put down 400wtq on stock rods, would not reccomend.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I said whats wrong with dailying that much torque. I also said the small turbks destroy the rods

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
people who have tried this, told me it is running too rich on lower rpm while too lean in upper rpm