GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Cousin bought for 420 2 years ago. Sold for 600. He's renting expecting bubble to burst, but I don't think that's going to happen. This is not home price increase. It's inflation. Jones are not worth more, money is worth less. Keep your money in property. Home prices are NOT going down.

Bought in 2016 for $420. Vultures are tossing $680 at us (lots of updates). We love the lot and neighborhood. Domestic partner is heading back to the office 3.1mi away 3x per week. We decided before this that if we are moving, it’s onto property way out, and fuck commuting... so we are hunkered down. Also, only one room and a bathroom to update then the entire interior is done. 🤦‍♂️

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Used bits are always nice to get in the mail.

1624479148408.jpeg

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Finally ordered engine and transmission mounts after a year of almost pulling the trigger. I ultimately justified the price by going with the BFI insert and riveted replacement mount versus the full transmission mount offering (about a $200 difference).

Also, after experimenting with several short shifter setups I'm back at the Diesel Geek Sigma Six. Excited by the easier side-to-side adjustment on this updated version.

Going to be a fun Saturday morning getting this all installed!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Got my Noico 80 mil and roller. Treated the trunk but have yet to test it out.
Did you just do the spare tire well, or the whole boot floor?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Finally ordered engine and transmission mounts after a year of almost pulling the trigger. I ultimately justified the price by going with the BFI insert and riveted replacement mount versus the full transmission mount offering (about a $200 difference).

Also, after experimenting with several short shifter setups I'm back at the Diesel Geek Sigma Six. Excited by the easier side-to-side adjustment on this updated version.

You are going to love how it feels once you are done. If you are using a jack to support the motor/transmission, I found that half of a yoga block on a board worked real well to support everything while still being soft.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
The entire boot floor and spare tire well. If you zoom in, you can see the deadener to the left of the helix. My trunk wasn't carpeted at all, not even painted black 🤣

I’ve got like 4-5 more panels of Noico 80 left over. Might start in the well and work my way out. Please report findings

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

God, if you’re listening, I want this

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got my $18 bottle of Chemical Guys Extreme Hydro Slick SiO2 Infused Ultra Ceramic Suspension Gel Maximum and 2x applicator pads.

Weather dependent, will try to get that on and try it out in the next couple of days.

1624550144985.png

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Got my $18 bottle of Chemical Guys Extreme Hydro Slick SiO2 Infused Ultra Ceramic Suspension Gel Maximum and 2x applicator pads.

Weather dependent, will try to get that on and try it out in the next couple of days.

View attachment 217614
Damn that's cheap. I paid $30 something. Don't expect it to last very long. I think I got 10 months out of it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I got a bottle for free back when they first were releasing it and I guessed the product lol.

Its really just a hybrid type wax product, but really easy to apply and with 2 coats beads and shines great if you already got a good polish on the paint. Not sure how it will fare on a wrap though.

On the subject though, I always just use meguires spray detailer for the random touch ups and I grabbed a bottle of “Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer”
This weekend cause it was cheap for a larger bottle… this stuff sucks, I’m not a fan at all 😂 I always see people mention using turtle waxs new stuff and I figured I would try it out again since it was soo long since the last time I realized I wasn’t a fan of their products about 15 years ago, lol.