GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
The only Turtle Wax product I used to use, and like, was the Bug and Tar remover. They changed the solution from a nice foaming spray, to a liquid that runs and drips. It sucks.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Got my $18 bottle of Chemical Guys Extreme Hydro Slick SiO2 Infused Ultra Ceramic Suspension Gel Maximum and 2x applicator pads.

Weather dependent, will try to get that on and try it out in the next couple of days.

View attachment 217614
Whoa whoa. Your car is wrapped!

make sure u call cg’s customer service. If that has polishing agents you can’t use it on a wrap. All the spray on stuff is fair game. But some of the lotion wax stuff can’t be used. I’m not sure if hydro slick is safe or not

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Scored an oem roof rack locally for a steal. Hoping to put my Thule box from my wife’s old CRV on it. We have done so many road trips and many more planned this year. It will be great to have the extra storage.

EEA8A2E5-6D09-4971-B2C5-6FB6D21DA657.jpeg

32C17349-3FEB-42C5-BE64-FBF94A68ACF9.jpeg

Attachments

• A1767D08-B31E-49DF-BA51-7E9A85BF7E7F.jpeg
    A1767D08-B31E-49DF-BA51-7E9A85BF7E7F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 51

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I got a bottle for free back when they first were releasing it and I guessed the product lol.

Its really just a hybrid type wax product, but really easy to apply and with 2 coats beads and shines great if you already got a good polish on the paint. Not sure how it will fare on a wrap though.

On the subject though, I always just use meguires spray detailer for the random touch ups and I grabbed a bottle of “Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer”
This weekend cause it was cheap for a larger bottle… this stuff sucks, I’m not a fan at all 😂 I always see people mention using turtle waxs new stuff and I figured I would try it out again since it was soo long since the last time I realized I wasn’t a fan of their products about 15 years ago, lol.
I haven't tried that spray but have you tried the Seal and Shine? I find it to be pretty good. Liked it better when it was $6/bottle.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I haven't tried that spray but have you tried the Seal and Shine? I find it to be pretty good. Liked it better when it was $6/bottle.
I use the tw hybrid ceramic spray. Two coats with 24 hours in between gets me about 10-13 months. I typically redo the two coats right before winter and in may after the last frost

the hybrid ceramic is slightly better than seal and shine in every metric except one. Seal and shine rejects a crap ton of environmental fall out. It is incredibly resistant in that regard. And considering seal and shines lower price. I’d say it’s the better performer.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Whoa whoa. Your car is wrapped!

make sure u call cg’s customer service. If that has polishing agents you can’t use it on a wrap. All the spray on stuff is fair game. But some of the lotion wax stuff can’t be used. I’m not sure if hydro slick is safe or not

All good. The wrap is a gloss wrap, and can actually be polished. When it was finished I was very specific of what could and couldn't be done when talking to the installer. He actually called out that it could be polished. It's mostly the matte wraps that need special care to preserve the matte-ness of them, the gloss ones can mostly be treated like paint.

And while it could even be ceramic coated, this isn't a true ceramic coating but a fancy ceramic based wax. Want to see how it does vs the traditional carnauba based waxes (I already know your opinion on those :ROFLMAO: )

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn that's cheap. I paid $30 something. Don't expect it to last very long. I think I got 10 months out of it.

Was on sale for $28 for Prime Day, and if you've bought anything off Amazon recently, you had a $10 "Prime Day" credit on your account. Took advantage of it.

Is it any good? How does it compare to say Seal and Shine? Seems like it's a similar product.

I'll find out. The Seal and Shine is what I've been using.

I got a bottle for free back when they first were releasing it and I guessed the product lol.

Its really just a hybrid type wax product, but really easy to apply and with 2 coats beads and shines great if you already got a good polish on the paint. Not sure how it will fare on a wrap though.

On the subject though, I always just use meguires spray detailer for the random touch ups and I grabbed a bottle of “Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer”
This weekend cause it was cheap for a larger bottle… this stuff sucks, I’m not a fan at all 😂 I always see people mention using turtle waxs new stuff and I figured I would try it out again since it was soo long since the last time I realized I wasn’t a fan of their products about 15 years ago, lol.

Yeah, it's not a true ceramic coating. Should work fine on the wrap since it's a gloss wrap, when I was going over do's and don'ts with the installer, he said the gloss ones can pretty much be treated like paint as far as products go.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You guys are talking about different products lol. AJ was referring to the quick detailer and it sounds like you guys are talking about the wet waxes used during washes

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
All good. The wrap is a gloss wrap, and can actually be polished. When it was finished I was very specific of what could and couldn't be done when talking to the installer. He actually called out that it could be polished. It's mostly the matte wraps that need special care to preserve the matte-ness of them, the gloss ones can mostly be treated like paint.

And while it could even be ceramic coated, this isn't a true ceramic coating but a fancy ceramic based wax. Want to see how it does vs the traditional carnauba based waxes (I already know your opinion on those :ROFLMAO: )
Oh damn my bad. I was afraid u we’re gonna wreck your expensive investment LOL.

carnauba, ain’t nothing like it. Doesn’t last long but it shines so awesome.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
You guys are talking about different products lol. AJ was referring to the quick detailer and it sounds like you guys are talking about the wet waxes used during washes
Best rinse aid wet wax I’ve used is the tw flex graphene spray. On a dry car it’s junk. Barely lasts a month or two. But as a monthly topper that can be sprayed on a wet car and rinsed off. Pretty damn good

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Best rinse aid wet wax I’ve used is the tw flex graphene spray. On a dry car it’s junk. Barely lasts a month or two. But as a monthly topper that can be sprayed on a wet car and rinsed off. Pretty damn good
Ever try using both the ceramic and graphene sprays together on a wash? lol