Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The uses for 2x4s are growing!!

20220305_142136.jpg

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Installed EQT boost sensors and charge pipe. Also checked my IS20 waste gate voltage on the bench using some info from this video:

All I had time for before heading off to meet with the GF. 😅

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
If you don't have DCC, start saving for good shocks. The stockers were toast in less than 10k miles after I did springs. They're barely adequate for the stock springs. You'll be bouncing off the bump stops in no time.

The difference in handling is massive too.
EMD springs were designed to work with the stock shocks, and is a very good combo for an OEM+ setup. I ran it for over 10k miles before changing to coilovers - wanted to go lower.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally got my IS20 wastegate to ~3.6 volts. Previously was at 2.8 and the "Initial adaptation of charge-air pressure actuator" ran successfully.
IMG_8441.JPG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
EMD springs were designed to work with the stock shocks, and is a very good combo for an OEM+ setup. I ran it for over 10k miles before changing to coilovers - wanted to go lower.

APR say the same thing. I'm telling you from experience, it's BS. You would have found out the hard way if you'd tried to avoid a wreck and understeered straight into something.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Made a comparison between a lap I did in GT7 and one in real life...it's pretty damn good lol.

You made up a lot of time to your virtual lap in the corkscrew. You were trailing the virtual lap coming up the hill. Cool comparison.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Out with the 30psi APR boost gauge and in with the P3.
3CC7745C-AA94-40E1-99AF-6C6FA5B07544.jpeg

A6E8A33B-40D8-4DC8-BDF3-0D13671D292F.jpeg

The P3 looks so much better in person than the photo. Looking forward to life beyond 30 psi.

If anyone is looking for an APR boost gauge (map sensor version) it will be for sale soon 😉

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did my first DSG fluid change and swapped my summer wheels and tires on today. Coming up on 37k miles and recently stage 2 so it feels good to get it done.

I used the measure and fill technique with these paint buckets from Lowes and a FloTool funnel from Autozone. Both worked great. Hardest part was probably removing the battery tray just because I hadn’t done it before and one of the bolts was tricky to get to.
8CF9C29C-6302-4C3A-9294-BD95D4BE8D2F.jpeg
3737F67C-234C-47D3-9FB3-3F3006F1D154.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Why do the labor twice? Makes no sense, but you guys do what you want, it's your money, your car.

I did this method for years....then it finally clicked for me.....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did this method for years....then it finally clicked for me.....
Yeah, I relearned my lesson, using APR springs with stock shocks, but mostly just to prove their BS wrong.

Since I was doing the labor myself, I figured why not.

I can 100% verify the stock shocks can't properly control even slightly lower, slightly higher spring rates. The car handled awful.

It's night and day with the Konis.

Last edited: