GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lmk how you like it, I went with the sachs 4 luck going in this weekend.
I’ll definitely let you know when I put it in. It’s probably gonna be a couple weeks deliveries not showing until about May 10 ish

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Epic MPG bro.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Busy month. Ran into a tire wall at autocross with my wagon. Luckily only the bumper and fender liners were damaged. I managed to redeem myself by setting the time of the day during the afternoon heat! My front bumper is now held together by hopes, dreams and a lot of zip ties til I can justify shipping a replacement. Went to Kauai for a few days, and pictures don't do it justice. What was really cool to me were the remnants of Kauai's two railroads. Both were 30" (2'6") narrow gauge and the locomotives only weighed 20-30 tons. As a result they had very unique solutions for trackwork and bridges. My Mk4 TDI finally got an ATF change and now it shifts silky smooth. Going to be a sad day when it leaves for Oahu. And last but not least Tunezilla surprised me with an updated TCU tune for the Golf R DSG in my wagon. I now have a 4k launch, correct reverse gear ratio, and some minor tweaks. I cannot wait for autocross Sunday. I may have a Tunezilla ECU tune by then as well!
IMG_6263.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

IMG_6637.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to putting the OEM TIP back on instead of the MST

1000029041.jpg

Had some oil in the MST when i took it out. Not sure if that's normal.

1000029040.jpg

The reason i did this was smoking after turning and accelerating. Not so much the accelerating but when shifting, thanks to @Der Hase , we now know that positive pressure occurs off throttle with aftermarket TIP which causes oil to do something and cause the smoke.

So took it out for a drive and although it still smokes on right hand turns, not so much on left & looks like a lot less smoke. Maybe i need to go back to AP (at least i think that's what i had originally)

Part 2 (which is no different than part 1, but with more lame commentary)

Anyone know what this part is. No idea where it came from but it definetely go back.

1000029043.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Swapped out some 15.5k mile RS7 plugs for Ruth's.

Sanity check please...these look ok? I have to lube my spark plug socket to get it past the valve cover seal so that's where most of the oil on the towel is from. Laid out the way they came out, cyl 1 - 4.

20240502_150024.jpg 20240502_150030.jpg 20240502_150035.jpg 20240502_150039.jpg

Last edited:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
After having the MK7 sitting or two weeks due to a foot injury. Was driving home and clutch pressure was horrible until it finally went sticking to the ground. Checked under the car and see fluid leaking where the trans in. Had to get it towed. Bought a new sach TOB from FCP EURO today. This will be my FOURTH time dropping the trans. Super disappointed that this happened.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
After having the MK7 sitting or two weeks due to a foot injury. Was driving home and clutch pressure was horrible until it finally went sticking to the ground. Checked under the car and see fluid leaking where the trans in. Had to get it towed. Bought a new sach TOB from FCP EURO today. This will be my FOURTH time dropping the trans. Super disappointed that this happened.

Check the bleeder block and line before dropping the trans

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Check the bleeder block and line before dropping the trans
defintely will look into that before dropping it.

anyways, car is going in the shop next week for a leaking oil pan as well lol. Metal Rein pan only been on for less than 8 months and looks like seal is leaking. Going to try installing the 2012 Tiguan gasket to resolve the issue. Heard they work with our cars.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I was able to get a wash in before three days of thunderstorms. Yay Oklahoma :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_3146.jpeg
    IMG_3146.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Finally installed my rear louver that I had sitting around for a few months.

Attachments

• 20240504_131122.jpg
    20240504_131122.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 53