GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ordered a set of the previously mentioned plugs, and recently picked up another...MK7 :) ?

jetta.PNG

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
And ordered.. I recently just swapped in some NGK Laser Iridium RS7 plugs, but they are overkill for what i'm running currently. Might swap these guys in early.

Is there a recommended gap? these are .032 out the box from Rock auto, but I see .020, .024, .028, and .031/32 recommended when searching the forums. Current plugs are .024, logs look good other than some -.75 KR on Cyl 4 low in the RPM rage. Might pull #4 and check the gap.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And ordered.. I recently just swapped in some NGK Laser Iridium RS7 plugs, but they are overkill for what i'm running currently. Might swap these guys in early.

Is there a recommended gap? these are .032 out the box from Rock auto, but I see .020, .024, .028, and .031/32 recommended when searching the forums. Current plugs are .024, logs look good other than some -.75 KR on Cyl 4 low in the RPM rage. Might pull #4 and check the gap.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

.024 is thrown around like it's some hard rule but I've found that between .024-.027 I see no difference in knock or performance otherwise.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
.024 is thrown around like it's some hard rule but I've found that between .024-.027 I see no difference in knock or performance otherwise.
It's the guys with the most experience who were recommending .024 the most when I first joined the forum and got a GTI and after 150,000 miles it hasn't let me down. You're probably rıght though the difference is negligible. 👍

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Is there a recommended gap? these are .032 out the box from Rock auto, but I see .020, .024, .028, and .031/32 recommended when searching the forums.
I was wondering the same thing yesterday. I did a quick search and numbers were all over.

I found one thread that claimed 0.028" factory spec on a R so I rolled with that. My R only has an APR Plus tune so hopefully I'll be good.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nightmare fuel.

I’m currently out getting lunch and grabbed hardware to delete the liquid cooled oil filter housing and spin the filter right onto the block. The ICV interferes with it and unfortunately it needs to be there for the car to idle correctly.

After the car is tuned we’ll add a sandwich plate and air to air oil cooler up front.

F556A953-00DA-4F83-A90C-CF8C016941B1.jpeg
C1846CD8-82EE-4CC5-A0AA-E3734074197B.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI