GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gmgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
how much did the ceramics set you back? curious about doing this to my car too together with my new rims

Did it myself, so just my time. Avalon King brand Ceramic Coating.

I've done a few cars, the GTI was easy because it's fairly small.

It's not hard to do if you take your time and make sure the paint is prepped properly.

I did the entire car (paint, wheels, glass, trim, calipers)

It's worth your time.

Wiredin

Ready to race!
Put window visors on and gave her a wash on Saturday. Love this car!

Attachments

• 2020-12-12_10-06-36.jpg
    2020-12-12_10-06-36.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20201212_221156_702.jpg
    IMG_20201212_221156_702.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Did it myself, so just my time. Avalon King brand Ceramic Coating.

I've done a few cars, the GTI was easy because it's fairly small.

It's not hard to do if you take your time and make sure the paint is prepped properly.

I did the entire car (paint, wheels, glass, trim, calipers)

It's worth your time.

Yeah, I paid to get it done professionally when I got my car this year. I want to invest personal time in applying a second coat on my own this spring to all the parts that didn't get done the first time, as well as a second coat on the main body of the vehicle for that maximum protection and peace of mind.

it really is awesome. i just got my RSE10's coated as well, haven't put them on the car yet (because it's been at the dealer for 5 weeks for the pano leak)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Couple days ago finally got around to installing front shocks (Bilstein B8). Gonna use the 2x4 method, so hopefully only remove the sway bar bolt, pinch bolt and 3 top bolts. Took off tire and realized I didn’t have a M14 triple square; the set I bought only had M12 😩 Ordered a new set off Amazon.
I also had some cheap AliE boost pipes so I figured I could install those. Took forever taking it off because there are a bunch of clips that are hard to see; lots of zip ties. Finally got it out and turns out the pipes don’t fit 😩 The angle of the pipe is off; stock is like a 90 degree bend, new one is like 60 degrees. Might be able to install it but probably would not mount to the factory points. Figured there’s no real benefit in making it fit so I put the stock pipe back. Waste of 5 hrs.
View attachment 196130
Brutal...I hate wasted effort, especially when it involves taking so much off the front of the car. Crap like this makes me think of quick release benefits.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Did the installation of the AWE Tuning exhaust on my GTI on my Race Ramps. What a PITA but worth it.View attachment 196151
I feel ya! I installed my Borla S-Type on ramps too a while back. It was fairly tight under there and I'm not a big guy. I had to pull myself from underneath the car at times when working on the dp to catback brace...was getting a little claustrophobic.

Hubs

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I installed an ST 25mm rear sway bar. Went back and forth about purchasing fancy end links or just replacing the stock links with something similar. For various reasons, not the least of which was to save a few $$$, I went with a fresh set of similar-to-stock (Lemforder). I might have gone with the Moogs, but it seems everybody who normally sells them is out of stock. While I had the car up there, I polished the exhaust tips--Brillo pad followed by Blue Magic Metal Polish.
IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a Unitronic downpipe who can measure the 2.5” reducer adapter overall length?

3” version of that part pictured, but unfortunately Unitronic can’t answer this question other than “I think they’re different lengths” and said “check the one on the car”....only issue being I’m in SC and the car is in NY.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
How often do you sit in the passenger seat/let someone else drive your car? I don’t mind letting friends or family drive but does feel rather weird.

A252F799-E7F8-4209-8AB3-5383CC196943.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
How often do you sit in the passenger seat/let someone else drive your car? I don’t mind letting friends or family drive but does feel rather weird.

View attachment 196486

My wife drives my car all the time with me in the passenger seat. Car feels faster when you aren’t in control. That or maybe it’s the beer.