GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm just talking about the plug where they connect.
Oh no! They person you get them from didn't include them? That's annoying.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Well done man! Dropping that tranny on your own and getting the clutch in is a bitch, but feels great after. I could have paid someone but I like doing this shit on my own and knowing it's mine.

As a side note, some poor f'ing kid on one of the mk6 fb groups installed his iabed wrong and after talking to me has to drop the tranny again. If you're not him things are looking peachy!
I did this..put a new motor in my car and installed the clutch disk backwards. Had to drop the tranny and do it again. Wife yelling about "that piece of shit car" didnt help. Lol

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Hoping to get your opinions. Looks like I received different rear coils than I was supposed to. The front coils I got in the box matched what I expected, but I've realized since that the rears are a different design than what I was supposed to receive. The tighter section of the coil is centralized instead of being at the bottom of the coil. I think from the picture I posted that they're the VWN006 rears, which are for the MK7 R. They technically deliver the same 20mm drop but are rated for 4.8kg/mm instead of 3.5kg/mm. Thoughts on the impact of this?

Attachments

• 1582582744249.png
    1582582744249.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 1582582822995.png
    1582582822995.png
    303.2 KB · Views: 111
  • VWN0003.jpg
    VWN0003.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 93

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Hoping to get your opinions. Looks like I received different rear coils than I was supposed to. The front coils I got in the box matched what I expected, but I've realized since that the rears are a different design than what I was supposed to receive. The tighter section of the coil is centralized instead of being at the bottom of the coil. I think from the picture I posted that they're the VWN006 rears, which are for the MK7 R. They technically deliver the same 20mm drop but are rated for 4.8kg/mm instead of 3.5kg/mm. Thoughts on the impact of this?

I would only assume since its awd.. but even the 005 spring for the mk7 GTI is 4.3kg in the rear. Are they boxed wrong or can you check maybe Whiteline changed them?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did plugs and coils today on the mk6 and the tiguan. mk6 got new r8 coilpacks, the old redtops went to the tiguan.

plugs came out looking... not bad, honestly:

fought with my torquewrench because i forgot how to convert stuff for a few minutes. stupid in-lbs conversion. wrench only does in-lb and m-kg.

may have slightly overdone it on one or two plugs. will remember to warm the engine up some when i do this again in a few tens of thousands of miles..

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Got some stuff this week while I was away:

1. 4 x 5L Liqui Moly 5W 40 Molygen - Just finished doing an oil change with the last of my German Castrol I stocked up on last year. Molygen will step in the spring when my Summers go on.
2. LED license plate lights
3. LED fog lights 9006(Golf 2.5) - "Sealight"
4. New Passenger Fog light - badly cracked lens in mine
5. Cargo net for the trunk
Molygen.LED.jpg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Got some stuff this week while I was away:

1. 4 x 5L Liqui Moly 5W 40 Molygen - Just finished doing an oil change with the last of my German Castrol I stocked up on last year. Molygen will step in the spring when my Summers go on.
2. LED license plate lights
3. LED fog lights 9006(Golf 2.5) - "Sealight"
4. New Passenger Fog light - badly cracked lens in mine
5. Cargo net for the trunk
View attachment 166445
geez, was there a good deal on the Molygen? if so, where?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
geez, was there a good deal on the Molygen? if so, where?
Soooorrry?, I’m north of the border. I paid $57 Canadian for Liqui Moly 5w40 Molygen.....so like what.... $23.76 US?

It’s on Amazon Canada for $65

I’m not sure what you guys/gals pay as a whole for oil or if it fluctuates by state?‍♂️

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
$38 on FCP euro... Last time I did engine I got Castrol edge extended performance at walmart for $26.
Wow...I just checked our dollar:confused: not bad..38 is 50 cdn.

I was buying the German Castrol at Canadian Tire for years because it would go on sale for $32 Cdn for 5L. They’re not carrying the German Castrol anymore. Decided to look at the marketplace. I heard from a VW source that VW Canada is about to or is now aligning(d) with Mobil 1, formerly Castrol.

I do three oil changes a year at about 6-7000km intervals(big temp swings with 4 seasons). For the difference of .10C a day Ill go upmarket a bit. Seems a lot of what I’m reading and watching point to Molygen’s ability to help coat/seal/protect/ and reduce friction, I’m at 175,000km, and these engines are ox’s, but prevention yada yada yada. Again....a knarled out in-line 5 sounds like 67 horny/hungry snorting pugs being chased by baritone cicadas, and want to hear her growl & snort for years to come And yes....those all come together like the Gothenburg Symphony. I’ll giver a go....snake oil you win again.....

Last edited:

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I would only assume since its awd.. but even the 005 spring for the mk7 GTI is 4.3kg in the rear. Are they boxed wrong or can you check maybe Whiteline changed them?
Apparently it was an error in packaging - the guy at Whiteline was very surprised. I was able to confirm they are the VWN005 for the MK7 GTI. While they do have a higher rating at 4.3kg/mm instead of 3.5 with the coils I was supposed to receive, I was advised by both the contact at Whiteline and the shop I went to that it shouldn't have a serious negative impact, just slight added stiffness to the rear. The Whiteline guy even suggested it could even be beneficial by reducing understeer. I'll regularly have 2, sometimes even 3 hockey bags in the back so I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing in my situation.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
It's been forever since I have posted anything and this wasn't today... but I updated the interior a bit. Added a BFI Shift knob, new boot, and euro cup holder.
Where did you get the plaid shift boot, and how did you find the installation of it? I saw another user on here with it and I like the look