GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what a shit night...my poor GTI

606gti

black sheep
Even if you did react in time, her reaction time and/or brakes may not have been as good, and you didn't leave any buffer for errors.

Not really worth tailgaiting and weaving, doesn't knock much time off your trip.

You've never squeezed into a lane to take an exit? The buffer between herself and I is HER responsibility and she had adequate time to make one. Especially at 60km/h. Brakes not being good or whatever thats her problem.. The reason why I had to stop was because traffic ahead had already come to a halt it was her responsibility just as much as mine to pay attention to that.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Damn that sux Nik. :frown:

Lucky that 170kw didn't kick in and squash 'em both like pancakes! :biggrin:

stephen8512

Ready to race!
You've never squeezed into a lane to take an exit? The buffer between herself and I is HER responsibility and she had adequate time to make one. Especially at 60km/h. Brakes not being good or whatever thats her problem.. The reason why I had to stop was because traffic ahead had already come to a halt it was her responsibility just as much as mine to pay attention to that.

Why did you have to squeeze into the lane to take an exit? Were you not paying attention to the exit you had to take?

Her having adequate time to make a buffer between you and her is your word against hers. Brakes not being good or whatever thats her problem?
Okay, what if a shitbox car crashed into the back of you? would you blame her for having a shitbox car and taht its her problem for not being able to afford a gti or something?

I agree it's the drivers responsibility to create a buffer between the car in front and yours but when you cut off someone, the reaction time for everyone is different and the fact to the matter is, you crashed into the back of someone else because you weren't paying attention and she followed.

I don't think you'd be singing the same tune if you were in the chicks position.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
You've never squeezed into a lane to take an exit? The buffer between herself and I is HER responsibility and she had adequate time to make one.

She had what was a more then responsible sized buffer but you decided to remove that by cutting her off and forcing your car in there.

I don't force my way in between cars at 60kph especially not near intersections but indicate until someone leaves you enough room. Doesn't always work but all you do is take the next turn. There's plenty of idiots about who do try and force their way in or even stop and block the traffic so they can be let in and this is why these "accidents" occur.

Especially at 60km/h. Brakes not being good or whatever thats her problem.. The reason why I had to stop was because traffic ahead had already come to a halt it was her responsibility just as much as mine to pay attention to that.

You don't see the problem with what you did?

You removed her ability to see the car in front of her by cutting her off, you then slam into the car in front without using brakes and this is her fault? If you were watching the traffic in front (and as you said it was at least 5 seconds) you wouldn't have hit her so either you had your eyes somewhere else for 5 seconds or it was only a second or two between the time you cut her off and running up the arse of the other car.

Either way it's your fault, the accident wouldn't have occurred if you hadn't cut her off.

606gti

black sheep
who gives a fuck.. why dont you experts ring suncorp and tell them they're not doing their jobs properly. They didnt think it was my fault so I didnt pay but obviously you know better.

And it was at least a km before the Marshall rd exit.. is that not adequate enough time to change lanes or should I have been in that lane since the Gabba.

Oh and an e36 is so massive you cant see past one?

Last edited:

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
who gives a fuck.. why dont you experts ring suncorp and tell them they're not doing their jobs properly. They didnt think it was my fault so I didnt pay but obviously you know better.

Suncorp's job unlike the police if they investigated is to minimise how they have to pay. The girl that had no insurance had no chance of beating Suncorp without taking them to court and Suncorp knew how much it would cost her to take them to court so they screwed her over (with your help) and left her 6-7-8-9k out of pocket? Then again maybe Suncorp were not at fault, you clearly think that it wasn't your fault and you probably told the insurance company this and neglected the part about cutting her off.

And it was at least a km before the Marshall rd exit.. is that not adequate enough time to change lanes or should I have been in that lane since the Gabba.

If you were watching the traffic you would have seen it slowing, you were in the lane next to them so could have seen them slowing before you changed. Doesn't change anything you caused the accident and the innocent party is now $6-7-8-9000 out of pocket through no fault of her own.

stephen8512

Ready to race!

Oh and a gti is so massive you cant see past one?

Mav isn't having a go at you man. But no matter what happened AFTER, the initial CAUSE of the accident was you.
Im just glad suncorp isn't my insurer. And your attitude just amazes me because you don't think you were in the wrong. The fact that you refuse to admit it was your fault isn't cool...
If I were in the chicks position, I wouldn't pay anything because I didn't do anything wrong. You'd be paying everything and I'm sure you'd say the same thing if you were in the chicks position.

606gti

black sheep
Suncorp's job unlike the police if they investigated is to minimise how they have to pay. The girl that had no insurance had no chance of beating Suncorp without taking them to court and Suncorp knew how much it would cost her to take them to court so they screwed her over (with your help) and left her 6-7-8-9k out of pocket? Then again maybe Suncorp were not at fault, you clearly think that it wasn't your fault and you probably told the insurance company this and neglected the part about cutting her off.

If you were watching the traffic you would have seen it slowing, you were in the lane next to them so could have seen them slowing before you changed. Doesn't change anything you caused the accident and the innocent party is now $6-7-8-9000 out of pocket through no fault of her own.

Unless you've been hiding in a hole you'd know traffic on the motorway can often stop quite suddenly. And did so after I was already in that lane.. but whatever like always u'll argue this to the death.. Because you know best actually im surprised this reply didnt come with several supporting links and clever little pictures.. why dont you make a diagram aswell.. ha im over it.

:thumbsup:

606gti

black sheep
Mav isn't having a go at you man. But no matter what happened AFTER, the initial CAUSE of the accident was you.
Im just glad suncorp isn't my insurer. And your attitude just amazes me because you don't think you were in the wrong. The fact that you refuse to admit it was your fault isn't cool...
If I were in the chicks position, I wouldn't pay anything because I didn't do anything wrong. You'd be paying everything and I'm sure you'd say the same thing if you were in the chicks position.

Dude I dont understand how you cant get it.. I mean maybe if I cut so close she had to swerve to miss me when I changed lanes and I immediately slammed on the brakes in front of her. But I didnt. So it wasnt my fault like I said. And the guilty party paid the price end of story

stephen8512

Ready to race!
Dude I dont understand how you cant get it.. I mean maybe if I cut so close she had to swerve to miss me when I changed lanes and I immediately slammed on the brakes in front of her. But I didnt. So it wasnt my fault like I said. And the guilty party paid the price end of story

But you cut in front of her and got rid of her buffer, like you said that one needs to stop. And it was YOU who wasn't paying attention and slammed the brakes on, thus resulting in the crash.
I don't understand how you can't see you're in the wrong......
Sure, I wasn't there and there are probably a billion and one finer details that I cbf'ed looking at, but fact to the matter is, you CUT into the lane, got rid of the buffer, you weren't paying attention to the car and cars in front, you smashed into the back of a car, and a chick smashed into the back of yours due to your lack of awareness

This is how pileups happen if you didn't know. You can't blame all those cars who hit the car in front of them that they weren't looking ahead of the car which was in front of them....thats just a dumb and ignorant excuse

606gti

black sheep
But you cut in front of her and got rid of her buffer, like you said that one needs to stop. And it was YOU who wasn't paying attention and slammed the brakes on, thus resulting in the crash.
I don't understand how you can't see you're in the wrong......
Sure, I wasn't there and there are probably a billion and one finer details that I cbf'ed looking at, but fact to the matter is, you CUT into the lane, got rid of the buffer, you weren't paying attention to the car and cars in front, you smashed into the back of a car, and a chick smashed into the back of yours due to your lack of awareness

This is how pileups happen if you didn't know. You can't blame all those cars who hit the car in front of them that they weren't looking ahead of the car which was in front of them....thats just a dumb and ignorant excuse

She had time to make her buffer man.. Thats the point. And it isnt a dumb and ignorant excuse. If your're only paying attention to the car in front isnt that how pileups happen? I mean if the car infront doesnt slow down why would you if your only paying attention to it? You're obviously going to follow the leading cars actions and most likely hit it like that car did to the one in front.

Go talk to the police about it if you wont hear it from me.

stephen8512

Ready to race!
If your're only paying attention to the car in front isnt that how pileups happen?

obviously not as you weren't paying attention and this 3 car pileup happened

her having time to make a buffer is your word against hers like i said....you cant say she had time to make a buffer if she crashed into you?
I still reckon you're in the wrong for cutting into the lane and not paying attention, which basically was the cause of this whole incident

606gti

black sheep
obviously not as you weren't paying attention and this 3 car pileup happened

her having time to make a buffer is your word against hers like i said....you cant say she had time to make a buffer if she crashed into you?
I still reckon you're in the wrong for cutting into the lane and not paying attention, which basically was the cause of this whole incident

good on ya:thumbsup: