GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went to the shop today...

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
i have to dig up the paper work for the exact number. I do know the parts were way more expensive then what JC @ douglas is offering. forgot too my lifters were replaced as well during the repair.

then my turbo as well so all in all the whole nightmare came out to around 5-6k for the warranty company

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
What oil did you use? HPFP?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
They won't honor the EXPIRED warranty because Volkswagen isn't going to pay the dealer UNLESS they call the dealer and authorize it. They want you to fight it and if they get a call from VW saying "DO IT," great! If not, oh well...they got their diag.

Like I said you would have a MUCH better chance at getting a "goodwill" if you spent money at the dealer and did all your services there. People who buy a $25,000 vehicle from dealer X and service it there get really good treatment in general after their warranty expires.

i have done services there, and they have done other things out of warranty, and they still haven't said no. you really just seem like a douche coming in hear and making comments like that. the shop i went to were the ones that said, "try and see if the dealer can do anything for you since it's just outside warranty, and this is an issue. THERE IS NO HARM IN TRYING." Plus, i'm well known there in the service dept.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
well i'm updating everyone. i called VWoA and took the car to the dealer and they said.....they're gonna cover the repair 100%! thank god! the dealer quoted $1900

GTIWV

WV VW
If you change your cam follower you wouldnt have to worry about it. $40 every 20k miles is worth it IMO.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'm stunned you've been a member here for more than four years and didn't catch on to the need to check the cam follower periodically...

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
by the time i checked the cam follower, it was already eating at my fuel pump and needed to be replaced, so just changing the follower wasn't really an option, and i don't want to have to worry about followers. Glad they can take care of this for me. just feels good to not have to fork out the $1900 for the repair. this was probably the reason for my power loss.