GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went to the shop today...

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Told them to replace the cam follower, and they found that it was pretty much gone lol. so i need to get a new fuel pump and camshaft. powertrain is 5 year/60,000 miles right? maybe i can get them to honor the warranty still since i'm just over 60,000 miles. also, does anyone know where i can get cheap OEM parts?

EDIT: Pics of the old one

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 437
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
H2Sport has cams, and if you look around the forums, you might find someone selling a cam follower for cheap. I bought one from someone on here last week for $30.

ECStuning.com carries most everything.

-FF

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
called the dealer and they can't do it so they told me to call VWoA, and they want me to have it diagnosed at the dealer and MAYBE they'll help me out. this is some bull.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
OP is out of warranty and is butthurt because dealer won't warrant an out of warranty vehicle. Boo hoo.

If you have done EVERY service there and spend a pretty penny, they are probably more likely to help you. Spend a few bux since you bought the car then they are gonna tell you to eff off....which they have.....kinda. They DID tell you to contact VWoA. Sometimes they negotiate with you have they pay parts, you pay labor sorta deal.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
OP is out of warranty and is butthurt because dealer won't warrant an out of warranty vehicle. Boo hoo.

If you have done EVERY service there and spend a pretty penny, they are probably more likely to help you. Spend a few bux since you bought the car then they are gonna tell you to eff off....which they have.....kinda. They DID tell you to contact VWoA. Sometimes they negotiate with you have they pay parts, you pay labor sorta deal.

really dude? i'm not butthurt, just telling my situation, and of course i don't wanna pay$1600(i don't think anyone does). all i did was make a comment that i hope that maybe they would cover it. i've had goodluck with VW and the dealers in the past. chill the fuck out, man. the only reason i started this thread was to see if anyone knew where the best place to get parts was, at a cheap price.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
You chill the fuck out.

You have no problem dropping thousands in mods but don't wanna maintain your vehicle.

first of all, it's bull because they want me to spend an extra $93 for a diagnosis when i already know whats wrong. the way i see it, is that it's such a common problem that i don't see why they wouldn't honor the warranty still. i've already accepted that i might have to pay, since the main reason i started this thread was to find the best price on parts. i'm very good at maintaining my vehicle, i'm just short on money at the moment, and don't have $1600 in cash.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
They won't honor the EXPIRED warranty because Volkswagen isn't going to pay the dealer UNLESS they call the dealer and authorize it. They want you to fight it and if they get a call from VW saying "DO IT," great! If not, oh well...they got their diag.

Like I said you would have a MUCH better chance at getting a "goodwill" if you spent money at the dealer and did all your services there. People who buy a $25,000 vehicle from dealer X and service it there get really good treatment in general after their warranty expires.