GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Riots... seriously?!?

HOLLIS

Ready to race!
heh i mean they're canadians, dont expect much from them......

Dude, facepalm for you

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Not trying to be an a**, but is a Hockey game worth all that?

The game is just a mechanism....the results probably don't matter. There are people going to the city for something like this to happen, same stuff happened during the Olympic. The small group of actual culprit just have to start something in the crowd where the people are restless, and they will soon be joined by the less disciplined people the in crowd and you have a riot in your hand...

Shameful for those who followed the anarchist, they were just used as tool...and more likely than not the real culprits are already off to their next hot spot...always ironic though these people who want to "change the world" stays in countries where the authority don't shoot back....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
First off Boston was playing quite dirty as well. Don't forget how media can spin things. Hockey can be a dirty sport. Just like Lou's comment being taken out of context. He actually said
"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen. He might make some saves that I won't, but in a case like that, we want to take advantage of a bounce like that and make sure we're in a good position to bury those."

He is just pointing out different styles of play.

Boston was the better team here. Thomas played amazing. Any true Vancouver fan knows the cup belongs to Boston

I have to agree on the Lou comment ( I think it was taken too far, but did add fuel to the fire either way), but disagree on the overall play being dirty. Vancouver (the team) did this to themselves. Similar to the Heat, on paper and for all intents and purposes, the Canucks were the better team - they just didn't show up as the better team and the other team outplayed them because of their own BS.

Finger-biting, the related taunting after that to Bergeron on the same, and making that late hit/blind side hit on Horton were pretty dirty on the Canuck's part. Boston was simply retaliating and played normal "finals playoff" hockey. Media didn't spin anything - I watched the whole series and even Eddie O said he thought a few things Boston did should have been penalties that weren't called.

Again, this shows all sports players that when you run your mouth and play dirty (even when you're the better team), bad things can come back your way. I really had wanted Tampa to beat Boston (as much as I love boston) because I thought they had a better chance to take Vancouver. But when the Canucks basically motivated the other team 3-4 times throughout this series, they got taken.

The thing is, they WERE the better team to begin with , so why all the BS?!? just play "your game" and win - that's all you have to do. Lesson learned for many... I've told my son the same thing (he's 7 and plays hockey).

** agree with Racing Maniac - that riot would have happened either way most likely.

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that guy is the fuckin' king... seriously.

"baby, this hot enough for you? pretty hot, right?" :lol:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
"So, when were you conceived?"

"During the riot that happened 2011 in Vancouver. See, I have a picture of it."

:thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
"So, when were you conceived?"

"During the riot that happened 2011 in Vancouver. See, I have a picture of it."