GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vancouver Riots... seriously?!?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

Just unbelievable...

A lesson hopefully learned for the Vancouver team as far as playing dirty the first two games, then crying about it, then Luongo's comments on Thomas as well.

So perhaps also a lesson to young sports players (similar to the Heat / Mavs), as far as showboating and talking shit - esp when you're the better team on paper. Motivation can come in many forms and the Canucks gave it to Boston about 3 times.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
true. I mean, I used to even like Kesler, but after the display he put on and the rest of the team - I was just disgusted. With Burrows especially, what a tool bag...

TDI110

O_o
Unfortunately, I couldn't watch any game since I'm in Europe, but from the antics and overall drama displayed by the 'nucks through the series made me lose all respect for them. Boston was the better team for sure and Thomas was a workhorse to the finest degree (even if he embellishes a little).

I've been a Leafs fan since I was 4 years old and seeing Kaberle finally getting the Stanley Cup ring he's deserved for some time makes this a satisfying finish.

TDI110

O_o
you could ask that question to any sports riot really. And to answer that question, no it wasn't worth it, the fans acted like complete asshats.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you could ask that question to any sports riot really. And to answer that question, no it wasn't worth it, the fans acted like complete asshats.

true. same goes for soccer/futbol in the rest of the world.

Artysta

Ready to race!
The people rioting are a bunch of douche bags. A Hockey game is definitely not worth it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same outcome even if they won. These are just a bunch of low lives looking for trouble.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
What happened is that according to a few news sources "professional rioters" from Toronto, Seattle, Portland were the major cause behind the riots in Vancouver.

The Canucks definitely did not bring their A-game... this series was painful to watch.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
heh i mean they're canadians, dont expect much from them......

Last edited:

HOLLIS

Ready to race!
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

Just unbelievable...

A lesson hopefully learned for the Vancouver team as far as playing dirty the first two games, then crying about it, then Luongo's comments on Thomas as well.

So perhaps also a lesson to young sports players (similar to the Heat / Mavs), as far as showboating and talking shit - esp when you're the better team on paper. Motivation can come in many forms and the Canucks gave it to Boston about 3 times.

First off Boston was playing quite dirty as well. Don't forget how media can spin things. Hockey can be a dirty sport. Just like Lou's comment being taken out of context. He actually said
"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen. He might make some saves that I won't, but in a case like that, we want to take advantage of a bounce like that and make sure we're in a good position to bury those."

He is just pointing out different styles of play.

Boston was the better team here. Thomas played amazing. Any true Vancouver fan knows the cup belongs to Boston

As far as the riot goes. 99% of Vancouver is very embarrassed by this. It was a small group of young thugs. There were over 100,000 people in the downtown core and just like any car crash, people can't help but to watch and take pictures so, it looks like a lot of people were involved when they were more like spectators then anything. It's too bad that more people didn't stand and help but, it was actually some pretty scary shit. The people that did try to help ended up taking a beating.

More people volunteered to clean up the city this morning then there were rioters the night before.