Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Nice numbers. What's next?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
just ordered up the Forge downpipes to mate to my Borla exhaust for a true 2.5" exhaust (downpipes to muffler).

I'm hoping I can pull another 11hp and get to 250hp.

Have you installed the pulley's yet Jeff?

Last edited:

mowse

Ready to race!
just ordered up the Forge downpipes to mate to my Borla exhaust for a true 2.5" exhaust (downpipes to muffler).

I'm hoping I can pull another 11hp and get to 250hp.

Have you installed the pulley's yet Jeff?

I haven't installed them yet... Came across a great deal on finally getting my hatch completely redone and finished, so getting that done ASAP... The pulley's are gonna take a little bit of time, I think we're going to have to play with them a bit, maybe even do one pulley at a time... Reason for that is I've read mixed reviews on them, so I figure a good test of all of them, etc... is a good route to go...

For anyone interested, I also found this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGtCRTFTCv0

Seems to do a good job making it match the brushed aluminum look... I'm gonna play around with it some this weekend, but I think I just found how I'm going to make my badgeless grill brushed again :happyanim:

telaio

Ready to race!
Thread resurrect!

I have the 268/264 cams ready for install this week, I'll try to take before and after dyno's to show that the install was successful.

telaio

Ready to race!
Ok so the cams added 20HP at the crank immediately after install - I'll have to wait for the software to adjust before doing the dyno again.

A thing is that the car seemed to have lost some 15HP across the whole RPM-range already before the installation of the cams - what could be the cause of this? Any ideas? The measurements were taken on the same 4WD dyno and I cannot think of anything that might have caused this. Sure the DSG-software has been updated but I don't know how that could have been the case. The gasoline should be the same and now the temperatures are 10C colder than when the original dyno-runs were made 2 years ago.

Blitzen

Professional .....
Maybe the MAF is dirty/ defective

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
I missed this thread, 15hp is a good amount. I'm thinking MAF and plugs? Any updates since?

Sounds like you're pretty happy with the cams?

telaio

Ready to race!
I missed this thread, 15hp is a good amount. I'm thinking MAF and plugs? Any updates since?

Sounds like you're pretty happy with the cams?
Yes the cams are very nice, it's just that I had somehow lost all gains that I had previously gained from adding an intake and ECU tune. I need to change the spark plugs and check the MAF I think.

JRutter

old man
I saw 10 HP gain just by swapping to a new MAF while the car was still strapped to the dyno, so start with a thorough cleaning. Plugs are a good idea, too. Clean/change air filter while you're at it.

Glad to hear the cams woke it up!

R32ooo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 R32
Are most people dynoing FWD on Dynojets? Would love to see some real numbers on a AWD Dyno Dynamics or Mustang Dyno. Would give us all a much better idea of what we get for our money power whise since there will be awd drivetrain power loss and Dynojets give inflated numbers.

Blitzen

Professional .....
there are no"real" numbers from a dyno (unless it is an engine dyne)

Dyno only works to compare (same dyne, weather, ....) before/after