GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ultimate Brake Upgrade using Stock Calipers

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
one thing to note is they still need to mate to the surface rotor, so they will get hot on track the first session out if they're pretty new pads. I had a friend cook his set by staying out too long during his first heat.

telaio

Ready to race!
For an R or R32 seeing hard track use you have little choice IMO other than to go BBK mainly due to lack of pad choices for your stock 345's. The only two half decent pads I know of in that fitment are Hawk HP+ and Yellowstuff.
Yes, I have had decent luck with my setup on track, i.e. RB rotors, Yellowstuffs, heat shield removal, hardbrakes titanium shims, SS lines, RS3 vents and TyrolSport stiffening kit + a high-end brake fluid. So far I can drive 10/10 for ~5 laps on large tracks where the disks have a chance to cool down, but I still have issues on small tracks. So I'm reasonably happy with my setup but that being said the braking-feel on hot brakes is far from great and does not inspire confidence (this is probably pad-related, I might try Bluestuff next), plus the high weight of the caliper is not good for handling.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm going to be that guy and bump this thread up since it's just over 2 years old...but no, I had a question.

I found from this site, they have the front EIP 122's for $219.40 and the rear EIP 194's for $219.40 as well. Looking on the Endless site, the EIP 194's are for the Mk6 GTI rear calipers. Mk5 GTI rear calipers use the EIP 132. Think they're indeed different? I was always under the impression that Mk5 and Mk6 GTI brakes were the same.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/car/volkswagen/category/handling/

Edit: Looking at the compatibility of the product, this comes up for both the EIP 122 and EIP 194: Volkswagen Golf VI TSI Highline 1KCAV (04/08-04/13) Eng: 1.4 TSI

Clearly the 1.4TSI uses smaller front and rear brakes (calipers are probably the same if it's anything like the 2.5L Rabbit's/Golf's/Jetta's).

Attachments

• Endless.png
    Endless.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 391

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm going to be that guy and bump this thread up since it's just over 2 years old...but no, I had a question.

I found from this site, they have the front EIP 122's for $219.40 and the rear EIP 194's for $219.40 as well. Looking on the Endless site, the EIP 194's are for the Mk6 GTI rear calipers. Mk5 GTI rear calipers use the EIP 132. Think they're indeed different? I was always under the impression that Mk5 and Mk6 GTI brakes were the same.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/search/car/volkswagen/category/handling/

Edit: Looking at the compatibility of the product, this comes up for both the EIP 122 and EIP 194: Volkswagen Golf VI TSI Highline 1KCAV (04/08-04/13) Eng: 1.4 TSI

Clearly the 1.4TSI uses smaller front and rear brakes (calipers are probably the same if it's anything like the 2.5L Rabbit's/Golf's/Jetta's).

There was a change in the rear brake setup on MK6 GTI in 2012 they went from the 286mm rotor to a 272mm rotor so perhaps that difference is reflected in the pad listing you see. Easy way to verify is to speak with Endless USA. They are in Huntington Beach CA. I ran MX72 pads on my stock front calipers and now runs MXRS pads on the R calipers I run on my GTI now. You will not be dissappointed.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
There was a change in the rear brake setup on MK6 GTI in 2012 they went from the 286mm rotor to a 272mm rotor so perhaps that difference is reflected in the pad listing you see. Easy way to verify is to speak with Endless USA. They are in Huntington Beach CA. I ran MX72 pads on my stock front calipers and now runs MXRS pads on the R calipers I run on my GTI now. You will not be dissappointed.

Looks like the MXRS pads are a step up from the MX72 pads. Obviously it's hard for you to say since you upgraded the brakes as well. Who did you go through to buy them? You have both the front and rear pads?

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Oh, they have MXRS for Euro now??

I'm still rocking the MX-72 they last literally forever for normal street use and have tons of life on them. Cheapest brake pads I ever bought!

Although when I do my next bleed I need to go back to Endless... the Ate unfortunately wasn't even close.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Looks like the MXRS pads are a step up from the MX72 pads. Obviously it's hard for you to say since you upgraded the brakes as well. Who did you go through to buy them? You have both the front and rear pads?

I have MXRS up front and HPS in rear with Golf R calipers on all around. Vivid Racing.

Oh, they have MXRS for Euro now??

I'm still rocking the MX-72 they last literally forever for normal street use and have tons of life on them. Cheapest brake pads I ever bought!

Although when I do my next bleed I need to go back to Endless... the Ate unfortunately wasn't even close.

They made me a set. Ordered through Vivid who worked with EndlessUSA. Note: I have Golf R calipers. The MXRS pads have a very strong bite, once warm, very similar to HP+ but a little easier to modulate.

iSac54

Car(s)
mkv GTI
Where do you guys suggest picking up a front set of the mx72 pads? It seems like the endless usa site is currently down, but I don't know if there's better dealer options?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Where do you guys suggest picking up a front set of the mx72 pads? It seems like the endless usa site is currently down, but I don't know if there's better dealer options?

You can get them through online dealer such as Vivid Racing. Get mxrs pads if they have them. I used them on my Golf R calipers.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
I'm buying a complete set for my second vehicle from Nengun. Comes from Japan. Great prices but with expensive shipping. Still turns out to be a good deal. ;)