GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuned 2015 Mustang EcoBoost VIDEO INSIDE

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
JUST a tune... no other mods...?

Yup, I know the owner. Not even an intake. And the tires were ET Streets there were owned by probably 7 different people, including me, and have a shit load of passes on them.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5852

Manual on pump and radials in 12's, DSG on 100 oct with bias ply's would obviously be a lot quicker.

They tried it on 100 octane. A little higher mph, but couldn't get a better pass out of it. Only had minimal tries though.

I think the Ecoboost mustang is fan-fucking-tastic. And the tune is clearly doing wonders for it, but in reality it's not all that fast. 107 mph is an OK trap. And in reality, the only reason they are pulling off super low 12 second times is because the thing can hook. Anyone notice the 1.6 60'? That's pretty much impossible on a FWD car. If you take the trap that most K04 cars are running and put it in a RWD car of similar weight it'd be in the 11's. FWD FTL. My dad's foxbody probably makes less power than my GTI (also weighs less, but that's a different story) and runs 11.80's at 113 off nitrous.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
race gas tune with the stock Catback removed. No other changes says livernoismotorsports.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I am sure it runs 10's on "just a race tune" with "drag radials" too. :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
There are a ton of questions....

The stock ecoboost traps at 97.... that thing trapped at 114... the rule of thumb for drag racing is 10WHP per mile.... 17 MPH plus...= 170WHP more than stock...
1. no way stock clutch will hold
2. no way stock half shafts will hold
3. then you get diff etc
4. Engine cooling with an extra 170whp... with stock intercooler?! No way in fking hell.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

The stock ecoboost traps at 97.... that thing trapped at 114... the rule of thumb for drag racing is 10WHP per mile.... 17 MPH plus...= 170WHP more than stock...
3. then you get diff etc
4. Engine cooling with an extra 170whp... with stock intercooler?! No way in fking hell.

Cooling is no problem in MI in November... it was probably 45-50F. Brand new car isn't likely to break much either, not in just a couple of passes anyway.

I'm not surprised to see it in 11's if it's a race fuel tune AND on drag tires, but not on stock tires.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

3. then you get diff etc4. Engine cooling with an extra 170whp... with stock intercooler?!
No way in fking hell.

1.Is their clutch as bad as the one on the Mk6?
2.Why it wouldn't hold if eventually is the same one found on the bigger engine trims?
3/4.Having perfect conditions: does any car could have just 1 run without heat issues?

*One thing for sure I want to know is the weight of the car at the time of this run!

dave80

Go Kart Champion
1.67 60-ft on stock tires? :lol:

"With a 17" race wheel and tire combo, along with removing the front seat, we were able to run a 12.1 1/4 mile time. This easily makes it the quickest EcoBoost Mustang on the planet"

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
sweet brah, I was talking about mk7's and did not claim they would run those times with "only a tune and catback" as you did - to your credit you did later explain that it was actually a tune and catback AND wheels AND tires AND weight reduction