GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Water Methanol Injection Thread.

Yeah, went fine. Just ground down the side of the more bent pin until it was vertical. The other one slid right into the support no problem without messing with it.

I have a DSG and the cold side hose doesn't have the curves that the factory hose does, and this means that there is a stud and mounting bracket on the front of the DSG that presses against the hose. I installed a spare clamp so the stud can rub against the clamp instead of the hose. I think when i'm under there tomorrow I'll put a plastic cap over the stud too.

Like i said my preference is Integrated because they are the home team and Peter and Tyler and other IE peeps are people i run into at local GTGs and on FB. They are true enthusiasts and good guys.

I just don't have $1k to spend on an FSD intercooler. I'm certain it's better, but, a thousand bucks . . .

I am still waiting for my hose kit from SPM. Going to call and get a tracking number in the morning.

So at this point i have Snow #1 in the spacer and Snow #3 in the end tank, DO check valves installed, and both lines joined together with just a coupler. I still need to mount the tank and pump and run wiring. And buy the correct stage 2 controller. I am selling my wrong stage 2 controller and some other excess parts to a friend with a 20th edition - should work for him.

But getting the nozzles installed was clearly the biggest PITA part of the job and that is done now.

I also installed a Volant intake I got 2nd hand with very few miles on it. Impressed with the fit & finish on that. Plus since it's just a big hunk of ABS it shouldn't heat soak like aluminum. PowerCore filter element looks like a solid bit of tech and should last a very long time, and only costs $20 to replace. I am tempted to install the pressure differential indicator that truckers use to determine when they ACTUALLY have to replace the filter. Very sensitive little device you screw into your intake post-filter. Has a little bar in it that ratchets toward the intake if the air pressure is lower after the filter than ambient.

Anyway, here's what happened to the original IC. Looks like the core support took a direct strike on the driver side locator pin. I think i know when it happened.

Attachments

• 10982203_862686877125982_4320002183542121443_n.jpg
    10982203_862686877125982_4320002183542121443_n.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 789

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
You can cut off that mounting stud that's on the bottom of the DSG mech cover. I cut mine off because it was rubbing against the hose as well

ok but what is the bracket for? i didn't really investigate

pootey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 gti
So where is the best place to put the nozzle on the intercooler pipe ??? And if anyone's got a pic that would be nice too

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I put mine in the tubing just off the intercooler

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
I'm in the middle of installing my Snow Performance Stage 2 kit and I was wondering what you guys are using for a switched 12v source?

I've tried this by using a add a fuse but my controller is still not turning on. I'm wondering if it isn't enough power to supply the controller.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I have 2 or 3 switched add a fuses for various crap added in my car. Are you sure you arent able to find a source?