GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Water Methanol Injection Thread.

pootey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 gti
Pump never worked properly since day 1 , that's why it's not in the car .
I have an fsi
I have tried to run it directly , thought it was the controller at first
Snow performance told me if the pump sounds like it's not running right , it probably the pump. Then he went on to tell me everything that would imply a bad pump , so I tested it and told him everything . Now he tells me the complete opposite

I have finally gotten around to installing my USRT throttle body spacer.

Do not buy one. Or anything that looks like a very close match.

The reason they don't have a link for installation instructions or have a picture of one installed is because it's a real pain in the ass, and then once it's in there you realize that you can never change the nozzle without removing the spacer again.

Get one of the fancier ones that allows the nozzle to come out the front of the engine instead of interfering with a coolant hard line and the dipstick.

That's what I'll be doing if my USRT spacer ever comes out.

Which side would that be? I could find only one position where the nozzle holder would fit, and then only with the dipstick tube moved to the side.

If i ever want to try a different nozzle there, I'm just buying Integrated's spacer, which has the nozzle bung off-set so you can mount it up front. CTS and various other manufacturers have similar products. But IE is local for me, Peter is a guy i kinda know, etc.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Might be good to share a pic of the rotated USRT spacer, sounds like a great idea.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion

Yeah, I don't see a way to get a monkey wrench in there to remove the nozzle.

My whole experience with USRT has had me kicking myself. Those guys can kiss my hairy white posterior.

This is what i should have bought, which is made of 6062 instead of mild aluminum, and would let me mount the nozzle where i can get to it:

Attachments

• iespacer.png
    iespacer.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 790

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yeah, I don't see a way to get a monkey wrench in there to remove the nozzle.

My whole experience with USRT has had me kicking myself. Those guys can kiss my hairy white posterior.

This is what i should have bought, which is made of 6062 instead of mild aluminum, and would let me mount the nozzle where i can get to it:

I have the INA plate in the pic above and I can change the nozzle without moving anything. I have only changed nozzles twice but it made it convenient.

Got my SPM intercooler installed. Snow #3 nozzle in the cold side tank:

Attachments

• 10394530_862665733794763_5563431839389045145_n.jpg
    10394530_862665733794763_5563431839389045145_n.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 762