GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Poor Mans Mod Page

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
Cheap way to turn the grill black? I have a Candy White coupe and think a carbon fiber grill looks rad but is $$$$$$$$$$$$.

mentioned all over this thread and all over the forum.
use plasti-dip :)

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
mentioned all over this thread and all over the forum.
use plasti-dip :)
x2. Plus this also gives a great second chance for those grills that are drilled. You can bondo (or epoxy worked better for me) the holes, sand them smooth and spray with plasti-dip and you'll never even know it was there.:thumbsup:

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Everyone does too. Its a big hit, keep going with it. I'd like to see a finished product by someone with reviews on how well it works, hopefully you'll get better feedback from people; just dont type anything in red.

Don't type anything in red on a write up or when typing a post? I honestly didn't even know you could change the color of the font on golfmkv

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Don't type anything in red on a write up or when typing a post? I honestly didn't even know you could change the color of the font on golfmkv

You can change the color, but he was making a disappointed joke. Read back about a dozen posts or so to see why.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
The "water jug intake"

Ok so I thought I would try this out for real and see if it's doable...and it deffinately is. This whole project not including drying time for glue took me roughly 30min and I was half assing it. If you take your time and do a good job this should take no more than an hour and you should get great results.

I didn't have a dryer hose so i used one from my shop-vac just for demonstrative purposes.

Also I didn't let the glue fully dry so the paint kind of chipped off but you get the idea.

All you need now is a couple L brackets to connect it to your head light grill and your good to go.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I honestly have no idea, the depth is about 6" so I would assume there is plenty of space. As for the size of the opening where the air gets sucked in, it is perfectly measured to fit the opening of the vented fog grills

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Good news guys. Driving back from the early released AutoX (stupid ass high winds and rain), the roads were still very wet. I didn't see any water near the filter, so I don't think the water can get up the pipe which is good.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
That is some good news. It would be interesting to see a dyno before and after if there is any improvement, even like 5hp would probably be worth it.

I've got a new poor mans mod also. Hehehe:laughabove: , details to come.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Nice, can't wait to see. Yeah, if the dyno fan is blowing directly into that pipe, I can't see how it'd hurt. Probably wouldn't be 5hp, but every little bit counts right, especially for less than $20.

I can't wait to get my PCV warrantied this week to see full boost again. 15psi Stg 2 sucks. Only 10psi stock mode.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Well, probably a good few thousand miles. Maybe not that long. But my 13.990@100.02 is with it busted. Those are Stg 1 drag numbers and mph; not Stg 2. Used to spike 21-23, hold 18-19psi. Now it's spike at 18 in top gears, 17 otherwise, hold at 15psi. Stock mode is 10psi all around.