GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Cobb is good shit. Don't know that other company tho. More power and quicker revving would mean you'd have to shift even sooner, so don't think that would solve the problem? :confused:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How do you figure that to be a "no drill" license plate holder?? At the end of the day you still have holes in your bumper.

do you not listen to details? the bumper comes that way. all of them. you do not drill your bumper.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
do you not listen to details? the bumper comes that way. all of them. you do not drill your bumper.

No, I put it on mute , your voice is annoying.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Cobb is good shit. Don't know that other company tho. More power and quicker revving would mean you'd have to shift even sooner, so don't think that would solve the problem? :confused:

Bren Tuning is the hottest new 2015 WRX tuner that does online tunes via email. Its the preferred brand unless you do a full dyno tune.

http://www.brentuning.com/tunes/2015-subaru-wrx-dit-tuning

"We see +50hp / +70tq on a stock 2015 on 93 octane, and even more with bolt ons."

STAGE 1 CHART, COBB VS BREN

oh sweet.. you save $50 if you buy the cobb tuner from them too. It's normally 650 + 200 = 850. They sell the package with custom online tuning for $800. That's $150 for a custom tune based on your logs. They will work with you for a whole month.

Review of their work:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2289814

I gotta check my boost hoses soon, and maybe replace the clamps. Its a common issue with the boost tubes coming off the intercooler because of crappy clamps. I think they sell a better clamp kit or something.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
Wow, Suburu whack fest of epic proportions 2015. Alright then. See you guys in another 3 months.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I wish I had got the CVT every day though. SF Bay Area isn't the place to have a manual. What's done is done, so i'll just enjoy the manual when i can, which is very rare occasions when there is no traffic.

I think the Cobb Tuner will fix a lot of this for me. For $650. The problem is 1st gear is so short, its kinda hard to get going quick from a stop, because you have to shift in like 1.5 seconds. I think having a little more power available in every gear will make the shifting less frequent somehow. Only at 400 miles though, gotta wait a while longer.

If 1st gear is short, 2nd shouldn't be too tall....so why not just take off in 2nd gear instead?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Wow, Suburu whack fest of epic proportions 2015. Alright then. See you guys in another 3 months.

What do you expect? He drives a two suburus now and 90% of OT got all entrepeneurial and are kick starting a new forum that is basically nothing but OT. Then there's you sitting there in your ivory tower peering in just to remind yourself that even though you could be saving even fatter stacks of cash you really aren't in as bad a trap as others. Must be nice.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
WOW -- big changes meng (again, LOL) ... congrats on the rex ...If they had made another hatch/wagon , I'd probably be taking a hard look at them (save the engine/ringland issues though :eek: )

helluva lot of fun reading last couple days :p

starting to see the MK7R's all over now ... almost everything about is sweet, except two things for me
- the front fascia/grill : too weak a chin. And whuts up with that henious chrome strip? MK6 R's were so much more "Aggressive" looking ...
- the rear (tails & pipes) ...still not feeling the tail lights, and miss the center cut exhaust ....

I've been looking at picking up a "true" daily , parking the ko4 GTI and saving it for weekend canyons and track days ... the daily? FIAT 500e :laugh:

some of the lease deals are getting pretty good right now -- essentially $0 down, about $400 drive off inc first payment and $85 monthly, 10k miles a year .... I'd be saving about $400 a month in gas between me and the Mrs if we "shared" replacing our commutes and some around town stuff.

outshined

Go Kart Champion
The manual was a bit of a bold move. I'm approaching 13 years of exclusive manual transmission ownership and I can't wait for it to come to an end.

Any plans for more Forester videos? Looks like the previous ones are racking up views.