GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
OEM windshield plain sucks :(
I opted for the aftermarket for this reason only. I've had rocks hit it countless times without a single chip... If it were the OEM, I'd have a hole in it by now.

I agree, i had my mk6's replaced when some asshole in a lifted truck passed a lot of people on country road where theres gravel and bam a gravel hit the windshield, i did for the rain sensor one as i did research on this forum, one thing i really didnt like is that it covers the vin unless you bend down. But then again after last years winter where people put shit ton of salt, some asshole in a prius passed the shoulder as i was merging where theres ton of salt, and of course all those salts thrown at my windshield and chips came out again. Fucking idiots and dumb government people throwing just as much as sand/salt on our roads as our beaches for 2 inches of snow lol

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
same happen to me a few months back..but mine actually dented my hood with scratch..got a PDR dude pop the dent back out and buffed as much as possible....i think in the future when i get a new car ..i'll probably put on clear bra

Yeah, I was planning on a clear bra too, just it was going to be a few months before I can make the trip to Dallas for it. :(

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
same thing happened to my mk7 back in January, I was passing one of those slow dump construction trucks and one of the rocks on the bed flew out and hit my hood and gave a nice one inch mark, it was about 4 inches away from windshield which thank god I haven't lowered it or gone little faster. But mine isn't that noticeable from some distance.

Honestly, I wish it hit the windshield. It;s easier to replace than the hood and paint.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I leave for five months and buy two vehicles. Come back here and find that Plac bought two also. Freaky. :)

its a lot quieter around here now. almost boring. the way i like it. all the loud obnoxious crowd went to make their own forum hangout somewhere else. they like to have fun with their fake plac account over there. good riddance.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion