GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the magic letter "S"

fjowner

Ready to race!
I'm right there with you Nataraki. Gonna go Stage1 when I feel like driving 160 miles to have it done. Just sweating that the engine light will cut on or something will go wrong then i'll have to drive that 160 miles to have it looked at. The place that does the Stage1 swears that noting usually happens and its well within the limits of my TSI. Downsides are going through tires quiker and maybe suffer worse mpg's.

Vortec4800

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
A "purist" w/ a FWD car doesn't make sense. You can't hate on DSG, call yourself a purist, and that you have FWD all in the same sentence. Either way..stage 1, 2, or 2+ the car can barley handle the power as it is. Axle hop is terrible.

Hahaha, this is funny. Puts everything in perspective doesn't it?

I love my 6MT, just a joy to drive. A friend of mine has a crazy commute, like 60 miles one-way. He just bought a DSG GLI and I would have done exactly the same thing. I love the DSG for the tech, and it's definitely the future of automatic transmissions.

Driving around in 'S' mode won't hurt anything except your gas mileage.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
Downsides are going through tires quiker and maybe suffer worse mpg's.

Like the guys said it depends on how you drive it, but you should be alright. I like what DarkX said, after the flash you'd want to drive the car really hard to get the most out of your investment:thumbsup: 160 miles drive to the nearest dealer is ridiculous men, i'm pretty sure it all worth the drive to get the flash:wink:

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
I actually get better gas mileage with APR Stage 2+ than I ever did with Stock. 28-30 mixed vs 22-24 mixed on stock
Yep same here with my setup compared to being stock and believe me K04 on the stock tune is nothing really nothing -you won't exaggerate if you say it doesn't exist- compared to getting it tuned and put my intake aside, 80% of my gains compared to stock is thanks to the tune itself. Yet I also get better mileage in the city and on the highway, if I don't drive like I stole it.

-
See Nataraki it's what I said before, technically you really do get improved mpg it's just WOT that makes it worse. And in my experience most of the increase in consumption that you'll notice during aggressive driving is not mostly due to the tune itself, but rather because of you and the amount of times you will go WOT, until you get used to it and you calm down.

Aggressiveness over time put it on paper it looks like a torque curve haha.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Hahaha, this is funny. Puts everything in perspective doesn't it?

I love my 6MT, just a joy to drive. A friend of mine has a crazy commute, like 60 miles one-way. He just bought a DSG GLI and I would have done exactly the same thing. I love the DSG for the tech, and it's definitely the future of automatic transmissions.

Driving around in 'S' mode won't hurt anything except your gas mileage.

It kinda does, but no. Have the GTI b/c it snows in CT (alot)and needed FWD and wanted a turbo. I have been shopping for one of the best puriest cars. Im looking for a early 80's 911 to rebuild!!!
:fighting0030:

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Like the guys said it depends on how you drive it, but you should be alright. I like what DarkX said, after the flash you'd want to drive the car really hard to get the most out of your investment:thumbsup: 160 miles drive to the nearest dealer is ridiculous men, i'm pretty sure it all worth the drive to get the flash:wink:

I found slightly better gas mileage when just driving around. But getting on it results in no front tires and really bad gas mileage and fun!!!
:happyanim:

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Kinda like the fight, but will admitt Im likely a bit older then most people on forum. My next car will likely be DSG (start laughing now!!!) just so my wife can drive it. It will be a VW or Audi wagen. But not letting the GTI go till I get my 911 first. Ill be the only 30+ yr old guy dropping kids at school with the slammed turbo wagen!

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!

After the flash, its impossible NOT to drive the car hard... its almost an addiction... :burnrubber:

I'm looking forward to going Stage 2+ here shortly, just need my DP and Intake! :thumbsup:

And as far as the fight, I can't say I don't enjoy debating it... but its just one of those things that after a certain amount of time you just realize that people aren't always going to agree on specific subjects (RE: Obviously) and that arguing about just isn't gonna get anyone anywhere which = Wasted energy. :biggrin:

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
Kinda like the fight, but will admitt Im likely a bit older then most people on forum. My next car will likely be DSG (start laughing now!!!) just so my wife can drive it. It will be a VW or Audi wagen. But not letting the GTI go till I get my 911 first. Ill be the only 30+ yr old guy dropping kids at school with the slammed turbo wagen!

You're not the only dinosaur here mate, same here and a family guy too:wink:. That's exactly why I bought the DSG so the wife can drive it sometime too, i drop the kids at school and drive to work for another 30+ miles one way. I mean I love the DSG 'coz it suits my daily drive + i get some fun with it too when I feel like it:thumbsup: Guys like us shouldn't be deprived of things like the younger guys here are doing right, like as simple as getting a chip to make our commute and family duties make a 'lil bit more fun?:thumbsup:

I dunno about us "almost" middle-aged guys, especially GTI owners, but we always dream of owning a 911:happyanim: That would be my next car as well....call it a middle life crisis:fighting0030:

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
After the flash, its impossible NOT to drive the car hard... its almost an addiction... :burnrubber:

I'm looking forward to going Stage 2+ here shortly, just need my DP and Intake! :thumbsup:

And as far as the fight, I can't say I don't enjoy debating it... but its just one of those things that after a certain amount of time you just realize that people aren't always going to agree on specific subjects (RE: Obviously) and that arguing about just isn't gonna get anyone anywhere which = Wasted energy. :biggrin:

Agree:thumbsup: