GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

the magic letter "S"

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Purist? sounds more like miserable

Before this had a 06 gti, 2002 golf, 2001 loaded A4 and a 98 A4 2.8. Really still like the package 0 GTI best.
Thats just me.
Looking for a 80"s 911 to build next.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
makes sense to me. I know a lot of guys who prefer cars to be more simple and hardened. Its not a bad thing or a reflection of income or whatever, a lot of people like "feeling more connected" to the motoring experience.

A lot of hard core porsche fans are like that.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I'd rather have leather seats and a sat-nav in my hatchback over feeling "connected" to the motoring gods. We dont have lightened sports cars dudes...

FiXXXerX

Ready to race!
Do you guys cruise around in "S"? Mine just hangs at the highest rev it can...?

I do sometimes, though I generally just pop from 'D' to 'S' when I'm getting ready for spirited driving and back when I'm feeling sane. The constant high revs just make me un-easy, even though there's no way that it could be bad (Otherwise I'm sure we'd have a disclaimer to sign when we purchase the car, right? 'WARNING: Transmission And Engine Detonation Possible When Using Factory Shift Options!!)

But yeah, I'm sure it's just keeping it on boost, so you get more of that 'On Demand' power, ya know?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
OP be prepared to develop a very loving relationship with your right foot once you remap your car. Just warning you before you watch your mpg drop and you start wondering why this is happening. In reality a remap will actually improve your mpg but only when you cruise around. This happens because with the new software the engine operates a lot more efficiently, enabling the car to maintain a certain speed with less effort than before. Even when you overtake you'll notice that you'll be able to accelerate just as easy with a portion of throttle and in higher gear than before. All this results in improved mpg. But since you won't be careful about it and just like everyone else you'll want to get what you paid for which is perfectly understandable, that's gonna cost you even more. To play you gotta pay, right? What else is there for a man to play with, after all? Put the obvious aside.. :biggrin:

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
OP be prepared to develop a very loving relationship with your right foot once you remap your car. Just warning you before you watch your mpg drop and you start wondering why this is happening. In reality a remap will actually improve your mpg but only when you cruise around. This happens because with the new software the engine operates a lot more efficiently, enabling the car to maintain a certain speed with less effort than before. Even when you overtake you'll notice that you'll be able to accelerate just as easy with a portion of throttle and in higher gear than before. All this results in improved mpg. But since you won't be careful about it and just like everyone else you'll want to get what you paid for which is perfectly understandable, that's gonna cost you even more. To play you gotta pay, right? What else is there for a man to play with, after all? Put the obvious aside.. :biggrin:

You got it right on the money there DarkX! you know what I like you....you're like Yoda, full of wisdom:thumbsup:

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
I'm just wondering you guys with DSG and Stage 1: do you need to upgrade the software of DSG as well to go along with the ECU remap? or it's not necessary? How much does it cost for a DSG flash?

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
You got it right on the money there DarkX! you know what I like you....you're like Yoda, full of wisdom:thumbsup:

I have smaller ears. :biggrin:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
A "purist" w/ a FWD car doesn't make sense. You can't hate on DSG, call yourself a purist, and that you have FWD all in the same sentence. Either way..stage 1, 2, or 2+ the car can barley handle the power as it is. Axle hop is terrible.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i

I have smaller ears. :biggrin:

lol:happyanim: hey where can I get the Rev D DV? Do you got any part number for it? Thanks in advance:thumbsup: