GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

i hug trees

Banned
yeah, that stretches you out per se....but hanging upside down did it for me. again, i was receiving treatments for 2 years with no luck. inversion worked for me. i used to not be able to get out of bed some days and would lose time with my family. now, i can run as fast as i used to and can do just about anything like i used to

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Shitty day wasted. My wife got emails from a few businesses this morning saying her items were shipped. I said dont open it. Luckly she did. Someone got her ccard info and went to town with electronics. Enough that we had to call police. Her company already knew and declined transactions. Nothing shipped and ill orders have been reversed.

Did the cops do anything?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366592449.423586.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366592485.477152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366592546.772142.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366592564.585872.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366592584.245779.jpg

Shitty iPhone shots of today's adventures.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Evening everyone!

Awesome pics Blaine, it is a beautiful day out here today.

Russ, I have no idea what the noise is from, have you tried spraying a lubricant on the pulleys?

I got my wheels for once I go air. 3pc 18x8.5 et37 5x112 SSR GT3

I think I am going to start a build thread tomorrow.

Rus.K

PCDT99
Evening everyone!

Awesome pics Blaine, it is a beautiful day out here today.

Russ, I have no idea what the noise is from, have you tried spraying a lubricant on the pulleys?

I got my wheels for once I go air. 3pc 18x8.5 et37 5x112 SSR GT3

I think I am going to start a build thread tomorrow.

Just spent the last 30 mins researching the problem and it looks like its possibly my timing belt cover or alternator belt.. :frown:

But those are gonna be sick on your GTI Ryan, for some reason I thought they were 19" and was a little worried. But 18x8.5 et 37 are going to be perfect :happyanim:

What size tires did you end up going with?

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Just spent the last 30 mins researching the problem and it looks like its possibly my timing belt cover or alternator belt.. :frown:

But those are gonna be sick on your GTI Ryan, for some reason I thought they were 19" and was a little worried. But 18x8.5 et 37 are going to be perfect :happyanim:

What size tires did you end up going with?

Sounds like they are fairly easy fixes though right? I have yet to do major work on the 2.0T so I am ignorant on all of it. But if its anything like other motors it should be simple. :smile:

The wheels actually were part of a trade and came with tires (kuhmo 225/40/18s)... may go a bit smaller once I test fit them on air.

Rus.K

PCDT99
Sounds like they are fairly easy fixes though right? I have yet to do major work on the 2.0T so I am ignorant on all of it. But if its anything like other motors it should be simple. :smile:

The wheels actually were part of a trade and came with tires (kuhmo 225/40/18s)... may go a bit smaller once I test fit them on air.

Yeah not too bad. I just was finally getting a good amount of savings saved up and now I have to go out and buy a timing belt kit and fix my dings and dents on the GTI.

However, yeah youll probably want to get some smaller tires for those wheels. 215/40's or even 205's if your feeling super stanced :cool:

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Yeah not too bad. I just was finally getting a good amount of savings saved up and now I have to go out and buy a timing belt kit and fix my dings and dents on the GTI.

However, yeah youll probably want to get some smaller tires for those wheels. 215/40's or even 205's if your feeling super stanced :cool:

Nice, the dings and dents being fixed is rewarding, the car feels much newer once done (had it done previously on a different car).

Yeah I am thinking maybe 215s, but for the time being I'll just do 225s since they are new and already mounted haha.

Rus.K

PCDT99
Nice, the dings and dents being fixed is rewarding, the car feels much newer once done (had it done previously on a different car).

Yeah I am thinking maybe 215s, but for the time being I'll just do 225s since they are new and already mounted haha.

Yeah thats what I figured. Got hit on the highway buy some pretty big debris which i forcing me to finally do this.

Have you looked into getting your frame notched at all? Your gonna want to do that ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.