GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Its scratched up and I am missing the bottom, but it looks way better then the gti front.

Subies look great fellas!

Nice! Just hurry up and get matching lowers!

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I racked up a $1,500 CC bill the PAST TWO WEEKS on my car. LOLZ. Busted axle, extended wheel studs, open ended aluminum lugs, front sway bar, camber top mounts (not yet installed) and two sets of 5MM hubcentric spacers. This also doesn't take into consideration the $800 I'm going to spend on tires sometime this next week because I've already burned up a set this season.

I'm getting really fast, the car is getting better, results are good (1st regional class win followed by a 2nd last weekend). This shit is expensive!!!!

Totally worth it, but if I'm going to go onto the next level from here I need sponsors.

Rus.K

PCDT99
I racked up a $1,500 CC bill the PAST TWO WEEKS on my car. LOLZ. Busted axle, extended wheel studs, open ended aluminum lugs, front sway bar, camber top mounts (not yet installed) and two sets of 5MM hubcentric spacers. This also doesn't take into consideration the $800 I'm going to spend on tires sometime this next week because I've already burned up a set this season.

I'm getting really fast, the car is getting better, results are good (1st regional class win followed by a 2nd last weekend). This shit is expensive!!!!

Totally worth it, but if I'm going to go onto the next level from here I need sponsors.

As long as it brings a smile to your face while doing it, its worth it :thumbsup:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion

You can get sponsors for autocross?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
You can get sponsors for autocross?

Yeah! That's how the national touring guys can afford to be in Georgia one week then LA a few weeks later.

SCCA actually has three national touring autoX series. Pro Solo, Match Tour, and Solo Tour.

Pro Solo is the coolest because they build mirrored course next to each other and two drivers launch from a tree like in drag racing and you actually race the car on the other mirrored course to the finish. The other two are more typical autoX style events. Solo Tour uses rolling start like regional autoX.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Looks good!
Thank you.

Nice! Just hurry up and get matching lowers!

I'm trying Sterling! :wub:

The Habit is AMAZING!

Fuck yes it is, I feel like we have spoke about this 4-5 times already on this forum. :bellyroll:

Looks like my car, only not with stock Jeep ride height lol
LOL

The grill is so fucked up though. I got it off a really nice forum member I've known for a while. He thought it was with no scratches underneath the plastidip but had plate holes. Turns out the opposite on both accounts so I am still very pleased. :biggrin:

I tried to buff/polish out the crappy chrome plastic finish for 15-20 minutes but it didn't help much. From the side angle it looks nice, but from another angle showing its worst it looks ugly.

Suggestions?

Blaine congrats on the large expenditures. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.