GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I am excite.

So there's a unicorn parked in the parking lot at work today - W8 4motion Passat Wagon, Manual trans
This.

And whoa. I see a b5 S4 Nogero Blue Avant, manual tranny, all stock parked outside my work everyday. I want to buy it. It's in great shape.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

Pretty sure I'd drive the shit out of that.

So I just went full retard.

atta boy, that's awesome.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
wish i had a real job so i could just go full retard like that.

Without my current job it wouldn't be possible. I've saved up around $16k in cash plus whatever I can sell my car for as a down payment. My monthly payments should easily be under $300 which is a plus.

I am excite.

So there's a unicorn parked in the parking lot at work today - W8 4motion Passat Wagon, Manual trans

Cody is mad that a Stage 1 tune will have me making more WHP than the MuricaGLI.

atta boy, that's awesome.

:wub:

Nice Tre. I still feel a B8/B8.5 S4 would've been nice too. But I know you were looking for one with the active rear diff, B&O sound system, and S-Tronic.

Yeah, realistically I would have paid about the same for a nice B8/B8.5 but I'll retain my hatchback utility. Getting invoice price minus $750 with my loyalty voucher is solid in my book. Only reason I stopped considering the R was that dealers were going to MSRP all of them until later in the year.

Nice! Any particular reason why you went win four door? Is that all that's available right now?

Four door is all the US gets for 2015 and possibly even 2016.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Four door is all the US gets for 2015 and possibly even 2016.

That's what I figured. Idk, maybe I'm weird, but I feel R variants should only be offered in a two door, 6MT...nevertheless, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Nice! Any particular reason why you went win four door? Is that all that's available

As far as I know, they're not making a 2 door Golf R for the States period. The Golf R is imported from Germany and because it's limited, it doesn't make sense from a cost standpoint to offer the 2 door here as well (so they say).

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
As far as I know, they're not making a 2 door Golf R for the States period. The Golf R is imported from Germany and because it's limited, it doesn't make sense from a cost standpoint to offer the 2 door here as well (so they say).

See, again, then why did they make it a four door? They should have just made it a two door, IMHO. People who buy it, aren't buying it to drive around a family...it's an enthusiasts car....that's weird to me....

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
The 4-door only supposedly helps lower their manufacturing costs since they can do a production run of all US-spec cars that are identical. Since the MK7R is likely the last R we'll ever have made in Germany I'm okay with a few compromises. For me, I'm totally okay with 4 doors since I carry friends around a lot. I would have chosen it anyways. Only thing I'm slightly bummed about is no sunroof but weight savings doe. :lol:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
See, again, then why did they make it a four door? They should have just made it a two door, IMHO. People who buy it, aren't buying it to drive around a family...it's an enthusiasts car....that's weird to me....

Yes and no. Realistically, they're all 4 doors now. Evo (granted it's dead after 2015), STI, CLA/GLA45, S3, Focus RS. I'd buy one no doubt, but I'm willing to bet a young family with 35-40k WOULD buy it. AWD, safe car, quick, luxurious, and not LOL 45+ for an S3 or anything else.

These days, if you want a 2 door, you buy a Camaro, 2 Series, Mustang, Corvette, etc. Or just a PP GTI.

The 4-door only supposedly helps lower their manufacturing costs since they can do a production run of all US-spec cars that are identical. Since the MK7R is likely the last R we'll ever have made in Germany I'm okay with a few compromises. For me, I'm totally okay with 4 doors since I carry friends around a lot. I would have chosen it anyways. Only thing I'm slightly bummed about is no sunroof but weight savings doe. :lol:

^

Unless they expand it to not be limited, I don't see them making it a 4 door. Who knows though because isn't that AWD Golf coming stateside? Or is it not made in Mexico alongside the Mk7 GTI?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got a fancy bluetooth OBDII reader and the Torque app for Christmas. Finally got to try it out. No idea how accurate it is as far as logging goes because I just got it to read codes for diagnostics, but it's fun to mess around with.

I'm going to quote myself for a second. Does anyone use the Torque app in here? I did some logging, but whenever I try to email the CSV to myself, it says that it can't attach the file because it's zero bytes. Seems like it's not saving the log. Steps I use: go to real-time info screen, start logging, stop logging, go to email logs = zero bytes error.

Also, if I'm just checking general health of my car, what types of things should I log?

Status
Not open for further replies.