GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I used to live in Crystal Lake and Long Grove. One big issue I see is that my car will not pass emissions in Cook or Lake county, everything has been removed. I thought about looking around the Cary or Fox River Grove area but i'm not sure I want to move back to Illinois

Taxes are gnarly in Illinois too.

There are still no emissions in my county

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Taxes are gnarly in Illinois too.

Reminds me of these billboards I see all over the northern part of Indiana

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Currently living in Smyrna, GA right outside the beltway around Atlanta. Really nice area and close to everything you could ever want to do. Downfall = house cost minimum seems to be around $250k-ish (I'm sure you could find cheaper, but I don't think you'd want to live there). Saw a sign the other day for townhouses starting the mid-$400s...

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Also, my wife and I are celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary today. We made it! haha

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
My sister and her fiancé live in Schererville IN which isn't too far from Gary but they live just outside of city limits. I know he pays a ton less for taxes and has a few acres with a pond and trees and also has a nice garage and a big barn. House is built in the early 1900's but they got a deal. Just have to do your homework regarding Indiana.

Eric, parts of Huntley, Marengo, Harvard, and Woodstock do not have emissions. With that said, as long as you pass readiness and don't have any codes, you won't fail emissions. IL doesn't do a visual test. Whether that changes in the future because of Dieselgate, who knows.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Eric, parts of Huntley, Marengo, Harvard, and Woodstock do not have emissions. With that said, as long as you pass readiness and don't have any codes, you won't fail emissions. IL doesn't do a visual test. Whether that changes in the future because of Dieselgate, who knows.

Right but I cant even pass readiness.

I grew up in Marengo/Union until I was about 6 and i've been back several times since. There's not much around there in the way of automotive related engineering work unless I want to commute to the Chrysler plant in Rockford. I'm sure I could easily get a job there but then i'm back out in the boonies

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
When was the last time you were on here?

Also, thinking about moving up towards Detroit (Auburn Hills, Farmington Hills area) next summer. Lots of jobs up there that will pay me way more than I make in Indiana

Googled Farmington Hills because I had a friend that lived there. First thing that came up was "Police investigating bank robbery in Farmington Hills"

lol.