GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done To Injure Yourself While Wrenching

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I can't decide, so I'll give cliffs on a couple...

-Lowered the jack down on accident while holding a rear spring on my MKI, nearly pinching my index finger off.

-I was torquing down the axle bolts on my MKV with a long torque wrench, the wrench slipped off, and I landed face down on the driveway breaking a rib.

-I had to cut the rear shocks off my MKII since the lower bolt was rusted inside the sleeve of the shocks on both sides. I went to pass the angle grinder to my left hand (with no guard on the grinder of course) and cut my index finger to the bone. Same finger as above.

Post up your stories.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Had a widow maker failed on me, and I got trapped under the tire for around 30 minutes.

Arced my welder with out my shield down. It sucked.

Removed a radiator cap with out releasing the pressure from the system first.

I've broken toes and hurt my feet countless times because I only wear flip flops. *

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Tried to make a spring compressor using two lawn mower blades laid across the top of the spring and c-clamps. The clamps slipped and the blades shot out with the force of a car spring, spinning out of the garage.
Left a cardboard box inside the car on the floor when I was welding underneath trying to make an exhaust hanger. The box started on fire and the inside of the car was torched. I grabbed a piece of the box that wasn't on fire and threw it ouside into the snow and stomped it out.
Was changing a fuel filter in the winter with a propane heater inside the garage. I didn't bleed the rail pressure before pulling off the line and when I took it off, gas sprayed onto the propane heater causing another fire, but I had a fire extinguisher this time.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
maybe not the worst of all these stories, but I jacked up my MKV right before lease turn in to remove my forge DV, and didn't realize how much hot oil was in the charge system and dumped it all down my chest upon removal. 2nd and partial 3rd degree burns as I didn't let anything cool down at all after driving home from work.