GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tearing into 07 Gti

NOrMich

Hey guys, I've been lurking on here for quite some time absorbing all the information I possibly could. I have an 07 Gti fsi and I'm finally in a better spot it life where I have the opportunity to garage the car for a while and work thru some of the gripes I've had with this car. The car has 130,000 and has never given me any major problems, so I've gotten by the past few years just performing general maintenance. I'm planning on pulling the intake mani to clean the valves, replace injectors, a few sensors, thermostat and whatever else might be a good idea to replace while I have it apart. I'm also replacing coils and plugs, and installing an IE pcv fix along with upgrading front and rear brakes along with brake lines. Among many other things. I've always been into modded Gti's, but life always got in my way first. I was a mechanic on light attack helicopters in the Marines, so I'm fairly capable when it comes to working in tight/small spaces and all that. I'm looking for suggestions from you guys as to what else might be wise to replace while all this is removed. As well as help identifying and working thru the process. I've spent months studying DIYS and researching the car and the things I'm looking to do. First things first, I'm going to pull the HPFP to replace the follower and make sure this is all even worth it. So today I pulled the battery and tray and ran into this disconnected and melted connector and I am looking for some help identifying it. I will try to attach pictures to this post. I thank you guys in advance for any help you are able to contribute.

NOrMich

Apparently I can't upload pics from my phone for some reason. The connector is near the driver headlight and one side is yellow and the other side is green. Has a sticker with a Barcode on it with the following *02327R0D3F4X*. It's melted or broken thru and I can see a small computer chip.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If you haven't done it yet, I would highly suggest upgrading or at least replacing the suspension. I've done coiover installs for a few people who had blown struts/shocks at 50k lol. So if it's all original I'd suspect it could do with a refresh.

What are your goals with the car? Fun daily, weekend toy, etc. That will help us get you pointed in the right direction. Obviously, you've done your homework so you should have a good idea on what you want to do with it. If nothing else I would suggest at least a stage 1 tune if you don't have it already. It really breathes life into the car and will give you that smile back when just driving around.