GOLFMKV

St. Louis Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
i didn't have to replace it, VW said they just pulled something out of it. I was still under warranty

pmburke80

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07.5 CW GTI
there's probably jsut crap stuck in it. take off the cover above the passenger footwell, unplug the motor, unscrew it and pull it down. should take more than 20 min if you work slow

Ive taken that cover off before. I changed the filter myself at the 40k. Same thing you are talking about?

pmburke80

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07.5 CW GTI
I'll try to take care of that this weekend but I'll look at the fuses tonight.

Ultimately, I want to go back to a manual. That's all I've ever driven for 15 yrs until switching to this car. I was a previous Mazdaspeed MX-5 owner but chose this over the Mazdaspeed3 because of the DSG. Anyone know any friends wanting to purchase a GTI?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
this is my first winter on coils in the mkv... how low are you guys going this season? Any issues with staying at current height and getting snow packed / stuck?

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
this is my first winter on coils in the mkv... how low are you guys going this season? Any issues with staying at current height and getting snow packed / stuck?

I keep it the same, then again I'm not super low either. Well you saw me when I was out there so you know. Am running blizzaks for the winter though.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
You're about as low as I am iirc, right?
I'm more concerned with packing the wells with snow/ice and getting stuck due to that or destroying the liner than anything.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
You're about as low as I am iirc, right?
I'm more concerned with packing the wells with snow/ice and getting stuck due to that or destroying the liner than anything.

yea I think we are about the same. I didn't have any problems last year, but I didn't really go out too much when it snowed bad. This year I will be since I have good tires for it. You guys get more snow than us though don't you?

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
yea I think we are about the same. I didn't have any problems last year, but I didn't really go out too much when it snowed bad. This year I will be since I have good tires for it. You guys get more snow than us though don't you?

you know it was hit or miss. I know some storms passed us and you guys got slammed and some storms nailed us and went north of you.

eurocars said:
I'm running 25.0" FTG for winter this year

ahh ok nice... I raised up to about 24-24 1/2 FTG, I should be ok then I guess.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.