GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone help for the love of god.

Beans

Splittin Atoms
Car(s)
Mk5
I had a car charger in the cig lighter and the fuse blew on the charger it self. Now the aux does not work iv checked all fuses and cannot find any blown. Also my air will only work on setting 4 all others do not work. This has cause a lot thing to short out and have problems as well such as my whipers wont work or the keyless wont work for a day or 2. I just need something to go off of to find where this is coming from. Any suggestions?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
12 volt accessory outlets Fuse pane C # 42 20A

I had a car charger in the cig lighter and the fuse blew on the charger it self. Now the aux does not work iv checked all fuses and cannot find any blown. Also my air will only work on setting 4 all others do not work. This has cause a lot thing to short out and have problems as well such as my whipers wont work or the keyless wont work for a day or 2. I just need something to go off of to find where this is coming from. Any suggestions?
Try this -> Fuse for 12 volt accessory outlet

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
I had a car charger in the cig lighter and the fuse blew on the charger it self.
Was the "car charger" a power adator for a phone or some such,
or was it a car battery charger that connects through the accessory outlet? i.e.
Were you pulling power from the car or pushing power into the car?
Now the aux does not work iv checked all fuses and cannot find any blown. Also my air will only work on setting 4 all others do not work. This has cause a lot thing to short out and have problems as well such as my whipers wont work or the keyless wont work for a day or 2. I just need something to go off of to find where this is coming from. Any suggestions?
Everything started getting worse as time goes on. The air control has been since it happened.
Cascading electrical failures almost sounds like a failing alternator or battery.
No idiot lights or warnings?

I had a failing oe battery (that fulfilled its service life),
and near the end it did cause some strange behavior - messed with the locks,
windows, false bulb outs that cleared themselves, etc.
No idiot lights and some strange errors in the various controllers when scanned with VAG-COM.
Replaced the battery, cleared the codes, and it all went back to normal.