GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sleeper...

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought a '07 CW GTI in 18 Huffs with 17,000 miles. The rear bumper is painted CW and looks like side skirts were once installed, but no more (there 8-10 holes on each side that had been filled).

Anyhow I wanna get some mods for performance. This thing moves, but I'm coming from a 99.5 TDI that was Upsoluted and a 2005 corolla.

I don't know what has been done to this GTI (how can i tell?) Sounds like i can drop in a K&N, Chip, then turboback exhaust... sound right. This is where i need some ideas and opinions.

There tons over sport and luxury cars around SWFL and i'd love to blow all their doors off...

Thanks

mkhighfive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
gti mkv
depending on how much you want to spend you can do a whole lot.
for starters you can get an intake and get rid of the stock airbox. then a tune from any of the tuners (apr, giac, revo, etc) search around the forum and see what suits you best. a couple of the companies offer a free trial of their software. next you could get a turbo back exhaust to go with the tune. then an intercooler engine mounts, new clutch you could go on and on just depending on the money.

if you have 8 k to drop then go directly to a stage three turbo set up from apr, buy new rods for your car and limited slip differential and new clutch and so on. all depended on the money you can drop into the car.

hope this helps

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I see. Probably going APR for chip and have the another $1k for extras...

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
Stay way from the K&N filter. They will hurt performance.

Get a boost gauge and if you hit 16 psi or more you are chipped already.

If you are not chipped/flashed. Wait for an APR,REVO,GIAC,Unitronic sales before you buy any flash upgrade.

If you don't mind noise get an ebay downpipe. Its cheap and moves gasses (does it's job). It will allow you to go stright to stage two (a upgrade chip/flash).

I recommend REVO. They are both safe but with REVO you can do a little more with the car.

READ more threads don't take my advice.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
if you want to blow the doors off of anything that's doors aren't already falling off on their own, then you bought the wrong car lol

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
You are coming from a Corolla, of course GTI moves.
Don't waste your money on an intake, gain is close to nothing and you pay way too much for it.
Get a downpipe and go stage 2.
You'll be blowing all the SWFL's corolla's doors off.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
go stage 2

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the advice and others i guess that's funny. Im going to check out stage 2 info and see if that's for me. We do have a Revo shop in town and an APR shop about 2 hours away, so I'll need to check the pros and cons of each too,

If a VAG COM is hooked up will that be able to tell me my boost numbers?

Last edited:

RIANF1

Mclaren Fanboy
Car(s)
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth
hey OP go you go to any of the meets around estero/naples? i am in naples...I am a firm beliver in the GIAC flash.thats what i am running

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
A lot of you beat me to the comments. Even with stage 2 any G37 will win. I can't think of any true sport cars or luxury cars that are that slow. Maybe a Lexus GS430 can be beat but forget about most Mercedeses.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
merc benz c and e-class arent fast, not unless they say AMG on them. i fucked up one night and saw what i thought was c-class merc rolling on the freeway. i egged him on and when he flew past me i saw C63 amg i was like fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, needless to say i got my ass handed to me pretty bad lol

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go APR stage 1 with the summer special and get that loaded. Then maybe next spring after tax refund I'll do the down pipe and get reflashed, since it's only a couple bucks to go from stage 1 to 2.