GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed MKV Thread (#2)

ripNdip

Ready to race!
if i have a 18x9.5 et32 with a 215/40, how much camber do i need to get it to sit fender in between the lip and tire? i have to order shims so i cant try to mess with it myself...

and to keep it on topic, an old picture i saw awhile ago

gti by ripNdipMKVI, on Flickr

tomshouse516

tomtomtomotomtomtomtomtom
Car(s)
09 GT1
if i have a 18x9.5 et32 with a 215/40, how much camber do i need to get it to sit fender in between the lip and tire? i have to order shims so i cant try to mess with it myself...

You don't need shims to camber the rear, there is an eccentric bolt on the inboard side of the camber arm.

9.5" et24 usually sits perfectly in the fender with max stock camber, et32 will sit on the lip but not tuck into it. Ideally your setup with max camber should sit nicely and won't destroy your fenders to badly if you air out slowly.

you could also throw at 6mm spacer on the rear if you feel it needs a bit more tuck

Vuck Folkswagen

slam.poke.drop.tuck.dope.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Max the camber, and it hsould sit there itslef already.

You don't need shims to camber the rear, there is an eccentric bolt on the inboard side of the camber arm.

9.5" et24 usually sits perfectly in the fender with max stock camber, et32 will sit on the lip but not tuck into it. Ideally your setup with max camber should sit nicely and won't destroy your fenders to badly if you air out slowly.

you could also throw at 6mm spacer on the rear if you feel it needs a bit more tuck

He's got a MK6 Jetta, no camber adjustment.

ripNdip

Ready to race!
He's got a MK6 Jetta, no camber adjustment.

yea sorry i probably should have mentioned this in my post. i never messed with the camber on my mkv so i didnt know how much it would take. my fenders already have some burnt paint from rolling with no camber lol. thanks for the help tomshouse :thumbsup: ill be ordering 4 sets of -1 shims tomorrow haha
this is what ive been dealing with but luckily BFI came out with their shims

Photo: Kevin Trower by ripNdipMKVI, on Flickr