GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Moses said:
i'm jealous, you can't get it in vermont, something about costing too much to ship.
What? That's crazy talk.

Yingers are made in Pennsylvania. It's not like Vermont is a different country!

Call up yinger and demand your beer! I'm having a few now. I'll have an extra for you.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
no seriously they will not ship to vermont. unavailable. every time i go to NY state i bring back a 12 of the porter, b&t and lager. it's never enough though.

tomorrow is not a business day so i'll have to demand yueng ling on monday.

but i could be like andy dufresne in the shawshank redemption, sending 1 letter a week, and then maybe even one letter a day (like how he got more books for the prison library).

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
yeah in store with a 20% off coupon.

macys has some crazy crazy deals you just have to look closely and price check things because the tags are rarely right.

right now i know all clearance dress shirts and ties are 11.99 and clearance suits are 75% off (mine was 90%) and usually more. so tomorrow (last day of the sale prices i think) it's worth a look.

and you know you'll get a better selection than what i have, you can imagine how small macys is in VT.

unfortunately, the suits don't fit me well at Macy's, other than the suit separates, but most of the deals i've seen are for sets. i need a 36 jacket and a 32 pants. sucks to be an odd size. :frown:

that and i already have a few suits, and i only wear them like 2 or 3 times a year. :yikes:

Moses

Go Kart Champion
unfortunately, the suits don't fit me well at Macy's, other than the suit separates, but most of the deals i've seen are for sets. i need a 36 jacket and a 32 pants. sucks to be an odd size. :frown:

that and i already have a few suits, and i only wear them like 2 or 3 times a year. :yikes:

well my friend you sound a lot like my body type. i wear a 36 sometimes, 38 others. i too am hopeless with suit sets, i need seperates usually, just got lucky with the tasso elba one...

i'd say avoid the alfani red (slim fit), and try a 36 in the basic alfani (cheapest). i really like the 3 button clearanced seperates because they are not vented and not heavilly padded in the shoulders, so despite being made for a portly type of fellow, they actually accomodate a skinny person if they're below a 40.

if that doesn't work for you move up in price with the tailored/slim/european cut suits, but try a 38 since there will be less overall volume. i'm sure you could pull off a 38 if it's a tailored fit. calvin klein and tommy hillfiger and DKNY (which will be more expensive though) are good options, i'd start with calvin first.

or if you don't need a suit, don't bother :happyanim:

Status
Not open for further replies.