GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Passenger Seat Rattle

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
I had a rattle in my car sounded like it was coming from the rear area but i found that on my sunroof i have to keep the inside cover pulled shut one inch if it is open all the way it makes a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the back. i think it hits sumthin inside the ceiling in the rear seat area.
It really sucks and was drivin me crazy

I have the same problem. :thumbdown: It drives me nuts I can't open my sunroof ALL the way. One inch is still not a completely open sunroof!! :mad:

Best of 9

Because it's your dog
Car(s)
Nimbus 2006
Does anyone else have an annoying rattle coming from the rear passenger seat? Perhaps it's the headrest? This is my only major rattle and it seems like I am the only one that has it. Thank goodness I don't have all of the other ones I've been reading about in addition to mine. any other thoughts? thanks.

This is what I had recently fixed. Under the car located where the backseat is was a lose piece of heatshield above the resonator, which was making a tapping and sometimes metal scraping sound. All tabs were tightened and the noise is gone.

Try this method to identify if it is the problem. Steps: Make sure the car is not running, Put car in park or in gear, leave the e-brake off. Get in the middle of the backseat and kinda bounce around like a little kid would do.
I know it sounds bazaar but it was how I found out this annoying noise.

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I have the same problem. :thumbdown: It drives me nuts I can't open my sunroof ALL the way. One inch is still not a completely open sunroof!! :mad:

i did a search and found a lot of people with the same sunroof rattle problem. just search sunroof rattle and you will find it but i didnt seed anyone with how to stop it besides dont open it all the way. so i am on a mission to figure out how to stop it also sorry for changing the topic. :thumbup:

I tried the sunroof fix on the tex for the vibrating deflector...didn't work...won't close with the bar there.

Thinking since its hollow, why not fill it with something like weather foam spray?

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
i did a search and found a lot of people with the same sunroof rattle problem. just search sunroof rattle and you will find it but i didnt seed anyone with how to stop it besides dont open it all the way. so i am on a mission to figure out how to stop it also sorry for changing the topic. :thumbup:

Yeah last post in this thread on this subject, but once you find out PLEASE POST!!!! :thumbsup:

Premis

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MKV -07 CW
Anyone got a fix for the rear passenger seat latch/seatbelt rattle yet?

During the winter (cold weather) it was gone but not when the temperature is beginning to rise the rattle returns.

I've noticed that driving with the seat folded down will eliminate the noise, but I want to be able to drive with the seat up.

Taping the latch only works for a day or two ..

Help!

rlhitman

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a rattle coming from the passenger rear of my GTI. Upon inspection of the trunk area, I found that the plug for the rear 12v outlet was popping out and apparently rattling around. Whenever I would push it back in good, the rattle would go away. Then a few days later, I'd hear the rattle again and check the trunk... sure enough that plug had popped out again. Apparently mine doesn't fit in the outlet very well.

Premis

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MKV -07 CW
I found a couple of ideas to fix this ..

Re: Clicking Noise in passenger right rear near gas tank
http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/showthread.php/clicking-noise-passenger-right-rear-near-6264p2.html?highlight=rattle

"sup robb, ok i had a similar click in my '08. its probably the button system to let the back seat down, its a common problem apparently. first let the back seats downand drive around and see if makes the sound, if not it is the seat clasp. to fix it let the seat down then take a hammer and carefully tap the metal ring that the seat latches to in order to bend it down so that it adds pressure on the seat clasp and keeps it from rattling. worked for me, hope this can help."

Re: How do you fix rear seat rattle??
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/vw-golf-gti-forum/80264-how-do-you-fix-rear-seat-rattle.html

"Release each seat back from inside the car pulling forward.
This will expose the silver metal 'D' bracket on the doorside next to the seat belt running down.
Covering this 'D' bracket with insulating tape cured my rattle.
(no longer metal on metal)."

chriso59

Passed Driver's Ed
Re: How do you fix rear seat rattle??
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/vw-golf-gti-forum/80264-how-do-you-fix-rear-seat-rattle.html

"Release each seat back from inside the car pulling forward.
This will expose the silver metal 'D' bracket on the doorside next to the seat belt running down.
Covering this 'D' bracket with insulating tape cured my rattle.
(no longer metal on metal)."

This fixed my rear passenger seat rattle. Just covered the contact point of the latch with electrical tape. No more annoying rattle!!

npalao

VDub Lover
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Mine has one too, I finally got to cehck it yesterday after 3 months! jaja! Could not find the exact location, but since a friend of mine sat on the rear seat to try to find it, that alone solved the problem. Today, no rattle at all! My rear seat is never used, that is my problem!