GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Passenger Seat Rattle

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
Has any one found a solution to this? the "slam" method only works for a little bit. I am getting close to a service w/ the dealer soon. Thanks for any insite.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
They ordered a seatbelt retractor assembly for mine about 3 weeks ago. Hope that's it.

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
lol I was just trying to get a solution to this....

I had a bag with a bunch of clothes in it in my trunk. So I got the smart idea to stick a sock where the latch is back there... then I used the "slam" method. The stupid rattle hasn't come back... So I think its the latch back there just being loose...

my $.02

It is for me as well! :thumbsup:
I wrapped my latch with foam tape and then electrical tape because the latch still punctures the tape i had so to do it twice. Someone suggested using velcro, I didn't look for any yet since my foam/tape worked, but thats sounds like the best solution. The latch wont puncture it and it's fairly soft to stop the rattle.
more info here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=2898392

D

Deleted member 10673

The sunglass holder

I've got that noise, another noise coming from the front dome light area (seems like it's the sunglass holder thingy), and a weird click from my seat or under my seat somewhere, when I accelerate from a stop.

It seems this little device does not like to stay closed. When I close or open the sunroof sometimes it opens. Also it will randomly open sometimes if it is hot. I looked at the latch system.. seems pretty week and it barely holds on that is what my problem is.

tor

Cabin rattle

I have the same problem!! My car omits a metalic sounding rattle. I have pin pointed it to the rear seats. The problem goes away for a time if you slam the seats in place. My local dealer has tried to fix it, with no success... I'm going to take it back to them for another go! Any idears?

I had a metallic rattle that drove me NUTS! Turned out it was the passenger seat belt latch.

tor

Yes!
My VW dealer was unaware of the fix as there is no guidance from the factory.

Good luck...

Premis

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI MKV -07 CW
Has anyone found a solution to the rear seat noise issue yet?

I tried loading up with foam-mat on the top part of the right seat section which added tension to the closed seat. It was quiet for 3 days then rattle purgatory was back.

I tried earler to drive with the right seat section down for a week and it was quiet so it's the seat section and specifically the latch for sure.

Perhaps someone know how to remove the latch for modification?

gefunden712

Car(s)
06 T-Red GTI
I found some interesting things out re: rattles and noises..... 1) While driving aggressively w/ the rear hatch cover in place the large rubber weights or 'lifters' are just hanging down loose. You will hear a loud knock when they wack around back there in tight corners or quick stops & starts. .

You my friend are 100% correct. How would one go about hindering these hanging balls to stop swaying and making clunking noises in the back hatch area? Wait I got it ....soft foam.!:thumbup:

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I had a rattle in my car sounded like it was coming from the rear area but i found that on my sunroof i have to keep the inside cover pulled shut one inch if it is open all the way it makes a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the back. i think it hits sumthin inside the ceiling in the rear seat area.
It really sucks and was drivin me crazy