GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Passenger Seat Rattle

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I think I have about 3 rattles that I'm trying to pinpoint. 1 being somewhere in the engine maybe fuel line who knows. 2. passenger side front seat 3. somewhere on the dashboard maybe on the door around passenger side area. Also my driver side window when trying to close it all the way has this thing where it is fully closed but it seems like there's this minute space left for it to fully lock into place. I can hear it when I pull on the window button(driver side) comparing it to the passenger side where when it is fully shut the window button when pulled up just has the click feeling to it.

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
Similar problem noise on mine.
Seems to be from the plastic around the rear hatch window area.
I got someone to drive the car while I pushed the area where the two pieces of plastic join together naer the parcel shelf.
If you open the hatch it's just near the top of the gas strut.
Sprayed some silicon lubricate to stop the noise but it's still doing it a bit.
Interesting to see if anyone finds it's the same place & what they did to fix it.

jrep101

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I found some interesting things out re: rattles and noises..... 1) While driving aggressively w/ the rear hatch cover in place the large rubber weights or 'lifters' are just hanging down loose. You will hear a loud knock when they wack around back there in tight corners or quick stops & starts. 2) the plastic insert in the rear hatch area on the passenger side can get loose and rattle & humm quite a bit; be sure it is in there tight, or remove it. 3) a slight knocking sound coming from the passenger footwell area is a loose fuel line and is a Service Bulletin to be repaired by your dealer; only happens at idle and only sometimes..... doo doo doo doo....... twilight zone. I thought these things only happened when they were built in Mexico..... oh well.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
CandiliciousVW said:
Slam method only works for so long and then the rattle comes back... :mad:
Same here. I am considering gluing a thin piece of felt to the metal hoop that the seat latches to. One of these days I will visit the fabric department at Wallyworld.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
My experience has been similar. The SLAM method works for a few days, and then the noise comes back. My first service is coming up, so I will see what they can do - obviously I won't get my hopes up.

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Hokietuner said:
The rattle that you guys are hear is from the top mount of the rear seat belts, and is caused by a slight gap which allows the spindle inside the mount to slide back and forth

Thanks for the info Hokie. Any easy fix?

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I have the same noise and suspected the seatbelt retractor at the top of right rear seat or the cargo cover area or airbag back there. Let us know if you figure it out.