GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 rear end conversion

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
I would like bigger tips but the guy at the muffler shop told me that they where as big as would fit. He said there is limited space down there because of the spare wheel well. How do the guys with Gti with this setup fit bigger tips ?

Also my diffuser doesn't have any heat Shield on the inside above the exhaust will this be ok ?

4 inch all the way brah.

markcaughey

Ready to race!
4 inch all the way brah.

So was there no problems atol getting them fitted ? Also has ur car got a spare wheel ?

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
So was there no problems atol getting them fitted ? Also has ur car got a spare wheel ?

No problems at all (except like with all exhaust installations, the rubber mounts are a bitch for dissasembly, less of a bitch for assembly) and yes spare wheel. It's the Milltek R-32 style cat-back by the way.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
No problems at all (except like with all exhaust installations, the rubber mounts are a bitch for dissasembly, less of a bitch for assembly) and yes spare wheel. It's the Milltek R-32 style cat-back by the way.

How fun was it getting the exhaust put together? Especially the cat back portion. :lol:

markcaughey

Ready to race!
Il see him again and see what he can do for me. Thing is where I am there are only 2 decent muffler shops so they are always booked solid and its hard to get them to find the time to look at ur car

Also will my diffuser be ok without a heat shield ?

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I am doing my catback and R32 rear tomorrow. I hope it's not as bad as you say it is.

Don't remind me.. Just don't.. The worst was the downpipe.

GTIMKVKINO

Club Volkspeed
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Good job Mark car looks Great! i get my r32 bumper in this week (U.S Spec) came out really nice! hoping the same for mine! i had too been wanting the R32 bumper since i got the car!

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I am doing my catback and R32 rear tomorrow. I hope it's not as bad as you say it is.

It really depends on the exhaust you get. JanK and I both got the Milltek one and the way the exhaust is designed, it's just difficult to fit together. It's a compression fitting so one end of the exhaust is supposed to slip into the other one but it's easier said than done. Takes a bit of persuading to get things to line up correctly, that's all.

EvoIII

Ready to race!
Great mod! I have this with the Milltek quad and OSIR CF insert. Looks great on a Black car. FYI Milltek do make an R32 style for the GTI. Since I assumed you were in Glasgow, Scotland, this would be rather easy for you to source.

Last edited:

Metalmilitia306

Mario Kart 64 Champion
Car(s)
car
What i did was tinted the reflectors as well, and i bought the Eurojet axleback with the 4in tips and modified it to sit straight and poke out a bit