GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R&T compares GTI vs. CooperS vs. Civic SI.... winner: GTI!

sonor kid

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2001 Acura CL Type S
I just picked up my 06 GTI, Pkg 0, *only* option I ordered was DSG. Price, out the door, everything included, was $23500. That is here, in Portland Oregon where VW and Audi are *super* popular. I also agree that $29-31k for a GTI is way too much -- in my opinion, that is Audi territory. Never-the-less, I think for $21-24k, the GTI is a great car and a good deal for what you get.

Navi in a car? DVD and TFT display...in my car? NO THANKS. Wish I could have ordered the GTI without A/C, radio, etc.

Cheers,
DJM

Couldn't agree more.
I bought the same package with only DSG and paid $23,500 with tax out the door as well.
A stripped GTI is the same car as a loaded one, a point I was trying to make in the R32 forum but was bashed for.
Anyway, I don't to waste money on climate control, navi, leather or a sunroof to enjoy the GTI and I'll lose less money when I trade it in.

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
woow..never thought a mini cooper S would pull on a gti at high speeds!!..ive always underestimated them:confused:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
By lawling at the other guy, I take it you think you can predict the aerodynamics of a car, i.e. Lambo, Veyron, etc., just from the way it looks. You can't.

lol oh come on. you actually think that if the world was to instantly turn upside down the gti @ 70MPH vs the lambo @ 70mph, you think the GTI would stick to the road?

i dont think so.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
so after reading this again, all the GTI has going for it is the snazzy interior, cool gearbox and nice ride.

its ass was handed horribly when it came to handling.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
The 18 inchers probably add to the braking distance too. The stock 17's wouldn't stop as well i'm guessing.

Car(s)
'06 GTI
I don't see how the Mini Cooper S won the 60-0 braking portion. The GTI has a shorter stopping distance than it by 2 feet.

Car(s)
'06 GTI
So, what are they saying? The brakes of the Mini Cooper S are a lot more efficient due to their total swept area being smaller and the stopping distance being almost the same?