GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Fast: A Love Story

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So more ordering of expensive parts. Decided to go with the Polar FIS for on the fly diagnostics, and also ordered the torqbyte CM-5 LT. Does anyone have experience setting up and using the CM-5?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So, I call my mechanic to get the measurements on the intake tubing to order a mass air flow straighter and guess what? It already has one installed, this is a really nice kit.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 164
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 170

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It’s an amazing kit, wanna see it running on the TFSI [emoji7]
When do you expect completing your build and having the car together?

Oh that dreaded question? My mechanic has several cars clogging his garage (flip cars and randoms) and hopes to clear them out at the end of February, and then we can get to work. I'm about a week away from pulling the trigger on ordering some new seats (damn cost adds up with all the parts) and plan to get those done the same time. So all in all, it'll probably be done in about 3 years.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh that dreaded question? My mechanic has several cars clogging his garage (flip cars and randoms) and hopes to clear them out at the end of February, and then we can get to work. I'm about a week away from pulling the trigger on ordering some new seats (damn cost adds up with all the parts) and plan to get those done the same time. So all in all, it'll probably be done in about 3 years.

HAHAHAHA, oh man do I know that feeling!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Oh, I love my dog. He completed destroyed my cable connection for my Polar FIS, so I just ordered a replacement...$80 later...

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

Boy do I hear you... same for me, lot of obstacles to completion for me too. Even when you do get traction and work gets going, still a lot of possible points of delay. I took my car down end of July.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Misery loves company...

Attachments

• 2222.JPG
    2222.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 238